These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

[REQUEST] navigate to coordinates

Post by jcb10157
I wonder why waze doesn't provide this, or offline (kml or other format) poi loading. This would be great to use waze in geocaching. Today I have to use another app to navigate to a geocache.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk 2
jcb10157

POSTER_ID:8961694

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please read the FAQ, which answers this question pretty quickly. There's lot of other good info in there too!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
fvaliente81 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Please read the FAQ, which answers this question pretty quickly. There's lot of other good info in there too!
Does not work
It does. I just did it. Where are you located and what are the coordinates you entered? About how far away is the location from your location/start point?

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote: > Longitude (East/West), then Latitude (North/South).
They claim to have read the wiki and would therefore be entering the coordinates in the correct order. I'm trying to find out the next step, which is, based on exactly what they entered, why it may not be working. I see three main options: bug, distance too far, not accounting for how to specify W and S values.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jcb10157 wrote:How about the points of interest? Why doesn't waze support it? Every other gps navigation app support POIs.
What POIs does Waze not support? There are landmarks in Waze and it also searchs google, bing foursquare, yelp, yellowpages. What other or type of POI are you desiring?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jcb10157 wrote:Geocaching pois. Off-line in a kml file for example
That's pretty far beyond what the whole point of and the current business case for Waze is. There are already apps for that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by fvaliente81
I have tried to use the navigator with the coordinates, but it does not work. Waze just does not found the place. Is there any other way I can use the coordinates? Or maybe I am doing something wrong.
fvaliente81
Send a message

Post by fvaliente81
Timbones wrote:Enter "Longitude, Latitude" in the search box, and Waze will navigate you there (well, as close as it can, depending on proximity to roads and how well mapped the area is. YMMV)

via mobile
Does not work
fvaliente81
Send a message

Post by fvaliente81
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Please read the FAQ, which answers this question pretty quickly. There's lot of other good info in there too!
Does not work
fvaliente81
Send a message

Post by htahta
Would be nice. Geocaching takes us to places on small roads. That we normally not drive for home/work. So for road data and routing on less used streets. Is this nice.
htahta
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux