These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Excessive hazard reports from other Wazers

Post by detailer201
I don't know about you, but I have grown tired of those other drivers that report hazards on the road for anything and everything. My waze program is set up with BT through my car audio. So every time I am driving along and some one sees something as onoxuos as a kitty cat stuck in a road side tree, my stereo announces. HAZARD REPORTED AHEAD! It is my opinion that hazard reported is way OVER USED. Another over used hazard report is RAIN. Seriously, do we really need to report Rain?

I love to use WAZE, but wish there were a way to selectively shutdown certain notifications..
detailer201

POSTER_ID:2122386

Send a message

Post by DonJ2
Some rainstorms around here in central Florida can reduce visibility to near zero, so I can appreciate it's use when appropriate. But I still understand what you mean; I see a lot of vehicle stopped on shoulder, even when the car is far from posing any danger. But sometimes even a car on shoulder that does not appear to be an issue by day may become a hazard if left there overnight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by rottielover
Personally, seeing the "vehicle stopped on shoulder aheads" helps to reaffirm my faith in the community that people are not reporting bogus hazards to mine points or some other silly reason. I'd have to say, at least in my area, 99.9% of the time when a hazard is reported I see the car stopped there, (or what-have-you). It gives me some faith in the crowdsourced model mapping :)
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///9EKWfE[/img] [img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Wiki Resources: Map Editing | To Do - St. Louis MO
To Do - Missouri | Missouri Mapping Resources | Missouri Forum

Post by SillyGoat
At times it gets a little out of control, but I would rather have people trying it out and participating than not being part of the community. They might be new and flexing their muscles, and that will get old soon. Then maybe they will only report the useful information. Part of being in a community is being tolerant of diversity.
SillyGoat
Send a message
Come contribute to the San Diego Wazers group on Reddit!
http://www.reddit.com/r/SanDiegoWazers/

Post by txemt
YES, we need the rain. Drivers need to know where every little drop is hitting. :D
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
We have a lack of rain in San Antonio, so all of the residents need to grab their buckets, run to where the rain is, and collect the water.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I reported "snow" or "flood" one day in San Antonio on a VERY bright, sunshine day with the temp about 75 degrees. I wanted to see what kind of response I'd get. :D
txemt
Send a message