These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Auto day/night mode is inconsistent

Post by zerkms
Since I installed the waze on my android device (google nexus 4) I haven't seen it to switch from night mode to day mode automatically.

In details it looks like:

I've been driving for the day, and finally it switched to the night mode. The next morning I turned on the waze and for the whole day (with several app restarts) it was in the night mode, until I switched to the day and to the auto manually.

After that it worked in the day mode till night, when it switched to the night mode automatically. And on the next day I was required to switch to the day mode manually.
zerkms

POSTER_ID:14710062

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
As discussed many times before, a light sensor would be okay as an additional check for switching, but not the primary determining factor.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Kuhlkatz
Mentioned in beta and normal v 3.6 feedback threads that it will only switch modes automatically if you start Waze within 30 minutes of either sunset or sunrise, assuming the config is set to auto-switch.
This will probably (read might) change in a future version, as it was acknowledged as not really making sense.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by zerkms
Oh :-S Why not just rely on time and (if exists) light sensor (as everyone does) without any additional conditions
zerkms
Send a message

Post by zerkms
Yep, additional to the clock :-)
zerkms
Send a message