Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MeanSubi
I actually didn't even know that it was on Blackberry World before installing it from SNAP. I now have version 3.7.7.0 running on my Z30 and I didn't notice any problem yet, but I am still test driving it around.
MeanSubi
Send a message

Post by Namelost123
I have STL-100-1, running OS 10.1.0.4181

After first use I was excited, but than there were a lot of troubles:
1. It sometimes freezes...
2. Screen is blinking in the menu and it is not possible to do anything. (now it is blinking every time, when it is VERTICAL)
3. Sometimes I got current position in really wrong place - another continent.
4. I cannot send bug report which waze asks to send...
Namelost123
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
joseflee83 wrote:Hi all,

When I start navigation, the is a dialogue box at the bottom centre that shows the current time right? However, the time in the middle does not reflect correctly on my z10.

Is this affecting any other z10 users?
The bottom centre time is telling you your ETA to your destination.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by PeteJones
I had serious issues with Waze yesterday. It crashed on me twice in a 5hr journey and I had to delete and re-install both times, just to get it up and running again. I love my Z10 and I love Waze, but this is becoming a serious issue.
PeteJones
Send a message

Post by realnoise
That´s are good news! Since today i had made an upgrade to BOS 10.2 Waze works on an Z10 STL100-2.

Frank :D
realnoise
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///pcdMH[/img][img]https:///kw8w7[/img]zwischen Brandenburg an der Havel, Potsdam, Oranienburg und Kyritz

--HOLZHACKEN ist deswegen so beliebt, weil man bei dieser Tätigkeit den Erfolg sofort sieht-- (Albert Einstein) ---

Post by RecoveryForceInc
Going to give the sideload 3.7.20 APK a try too. Getting annoyed with the latest version in BlackBerry World reverting back to Miles every time I load the App.
RecoveryForceInc
Send a message

Post by RecoveryForceInc
Okay...I'm now running v3.7.6.0.1. To make it work, I had to install and leave the version provided in BlackBerry World (the instulting 1.101.9655.0...assuming that the version number for BlackBerry is the same as the Android APK).

Now, if only I could get the voice reporting to work.
RecoveryForceInc
Send a message

Post by RecoveryForceInc
Yup, I am now running OS 10.2.1.1055 with the newer Waze apk installed and am pleased with the performance. If it is this easy to install and run the apk, it shouldn't be that much more complicated to update, at the very least, the app provided within BlackBerry World.
RecoveryForceInc
Send a message

Post by sdgardne
Donkeyfumbler wrote:Ironically, sideloading the latest Android version onto the Z10 with 10.2 seems to work much better than the 'official' version in the App World. Can't believe it would be that much work to update it, but more than Waze are prepared to put in by the looks of it - shame, as not everyone is prepared to sideload regardless of how easy it might be.
Hello!

Which apk version did you use, please? I've found a bar for 3.7.2.0 and am attempting to get it running now (first test was failed...app would not even launch...rebooting Z10 now to see if that cures) and an apk for 3.7.3.0, but nothing trustworthy for 3.7.6 (the latest, AFAIK)...there was a site with 3.7.6, but I did not trust what they presented, and so won't download from them. I have not yet attempted extracting the 3.7.6 apk from Google Play...

Thanks!
sdgardne
Send a message

Post by sdgardne
Thank you. The 3.7.3 apk I obtained likewise did not function (failed to launch). I am running (leaked for my carrier, official on others) 10.2.0.1791 with the official runtime fix from BBWorld, and all of my other side-loads work fine (save for some with similar api call issues), where they definitely would not run on any prior 10.2 BBOS no matter what I did with runtime fixes (and other things). I think perhaps I will look around for another apk source...would not be the first time I'd obtained a corrupt apk! I am also considering moving up to 10.2.0.1803, which is reported to not need the runtime fix and also may have other improvements. I will report back with results if/when I do that.

Thanks again!
sdgardne
Send a message