Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze on Blackberry Z10

Post by
Hi guys!

As some of you might have noticed, Waze is currently supported on Blackberry Z10 devices!

The Blackberry version was converted with the help of the Blackberry experts and is actually a porting of the Waze 3.6 Android app. It is thus designed for the Z10 touch-screen phone and not the keyboard based version. As this is the first version, there are some issues we are working with the experts to try and resolve.

The main limitations are related to the different Z10 hardware versions, whereas there are 2 early versions of the hardware (STL100-1 and STL100-2) on which the Waze porting is not working properly and a new one (STL100-3) on which Waze functions well. Having said that, there is a minimal OS version (10.0.10.648) for Waze to function properly and problems have been detected in older OS versions. OS versions are released by the different operators and as such are not under control of Waze.

Known issues (for the STL100-3 and OS 10.0.10.648 and above):
1. No scrolling enabled in the Inbox menu
2. Time on ETA bar is GMT/UTC shifted (when showing initial route screen it is correct) and so time appears in an offset (except for UK)
3. Scoreboard is not displayed
4. (Internal) GPS points are not received in time-based order (filtered in client)

All installation, crashes and voice prompts related issues seem to be linked to the STL100-1 and STL100-2 versions or OS versions lower than 10.0.10.648

A workaround which has been found to be efficient in some cases, is switching Waze to work in 2D mode map display, instead of the default 3D (this is done in the main setting menu, first setting row).

We hope you enjoy this version and will appreciate your feedback on it!

POSTER_ID:94099

Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
Wisleyv wrote:
Colinwu58 wrote:@ShwartzBerry: I've had the "Searching Network" issues a few times but restarting Waze usually fixes it.
Same problem on my Galaxy Note 8 (GT-N5110 - Android 4.1.2). This device only has wifi accessibility to the network. Sometimes it connects, but often it doesn't. Restarting Waze doesn't help, not even restarting the device does. Any hint?
First of all, you should check your data provider, even check your tablet. Maybe it's not just Waze but an overall issue with your device.
Second of all, you should remember that this is a BlackBerry topic, so your questions should go to the Android forums. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by belidzs
I can confirm the ETA bug and an issue with voice prompts on my STL-100-1, running OS 10.1.0.4181.

Voice prompts are working through loudspeaker, but it is mute if the phone is connected to a bluetooth speakerphone.

The startup screen shows the logo a little streched vertically.

Sometimes waze asks to send bug report even if there was no error in the previous session.

Apart from these, I must tell this version works surprisingly well. Thanks for porting!
belidzs
Send a message

Post by blackout626
Hi,

I use Waze on my Z10 and it's actually running quite well. My question is whether there is any consideration at all being put towards developing a native version on BlackBerry 10. Perhaps with Cascades or something? Thanks!
blackout626
Send a message

Post by bri999
I forgot my password for my userid. when I tried to recover it, Waze didn't recognize any of my email addresses. I removed Waze from my BB10 and reloaded it. Now Waze will not open. I get an error message " Sorry, Activity Waze (in application Waze) is not responding" and I can choose force close or wait, If i wait i get the same message again. I then choose force close. I've reinstalled numerous times and this continues.
I am loading version 1.101.9655.0 of Waze on to my Z10 STL100-3 using software 10.1.0.2014
Please help.
bri999
Send a message

Post by brkdncr
Waze does not work when screen locked. For instance, I use blue tooth. After setting my destination and starting the route I put my phone in its holster, screen locking the device. Waze does not provide voice navigation from this point.

The native blackberry Maps app does provide voice navigation when screen locked, and also attenuates all other apps that may be playing sounds such as the Music app.
brkdncr
Send a message

Post by ChicagoBlackHawks
Hey guys,

My Z10 is still suffering from the dreaded "Searching network..." bug.

I am running a Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.1.0.2050 with Waze 1.101.9655.0.

I can only get it to run 10% of the time but most of the times I just give up. I've been a baby Wazer forever! I've tried:

1) Closing Waze and restarting
2) Resetting BB and restart Waze
3) Remove battery on BB and restart Waze
4) Using 2D maps only
5) Jumping up and down with a paper aluminum hat on while saying 3 hail Mary's ...

Does anyone have advice for me? Does anyone know if the new OS10.1.0.4181 will fix it (I just got it today and will download tonight at home and try it out).

This app is awesome and I am addicted. I just wish it would run better on the Z10!

Oh yah, I get no sound alerts when I approach a speed camera which would be very useful. I am almost thinking of getting an Apple just so I can use this app problem free! Any input would be much appreciated.
ChicagoBlackHawks
Send a message

Post by ColinWu58
I've noticed another problem: I am not able to search my contacts for an address. I've checked application permissions and Waze is allowed to access my Contacts (actually all of the permission controls for Waze are greyed out so I can not change them even if I wanted to, which is another problem).

I go into Navigate, type in a contact's name and swipe over to the contacts tab. It immediately returns with "No results found", whereas any of the other tabs at least shows an attempt to search before either returning something.

I am using Waze from Blackberry AppWorld (v 1.101.9655.0) on STL-100-3 hardware and OS 10.0.10.85
ColinWu58
Send a message

Post by ColinWu58
Upgraded to OS 10.1 yesterday but that has not had any effect on the contact search issue. Didn't expect it to but thought I'd report it anyway.

Thanks Waze team. Really like Waze and want to help improve it.
ColinWu58
Send a message

Post by ColinWu58
@ShwartzBerry: I've had the "Searching Network" issues a few times but restarting Waze usually fixes it.
ColinWu58
Send a message

Post by Dgoldsmith
I can't finbd where to post bugs, so:

Using Z10 w/STL100-3 and OS 10.2.1.537. Can't delete history (no "remove" option shows); I set units to km and it switches back randomly to mi.
Dgoldsmith
Send a message