Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

NOTICE: Popups and event radius notification

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
At this time, the following are known and expected behavior related to popup notifications in the app. Please do not post about "issues" if they are the same as what is posted here. This is not specific to a version of the app as the popups are controlled by the servers.
  • If you receive a popup notification while in motion, then that is a Group Popup setting you have enabled in the App.
  • When stopped, expect the following:
    • Only 4 popups will appear
    • Popups for friends online will appear at this time
    • Popups for nearby nearby paid advertisements will appear at this time.
    • If you select to see events on your route only, the popups will be displayed up to 100 km away on your route.
    • If you have any other radius value selected, a popup will be displayed for events up to 10 km away.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jpere wrote:Anyone else experience this?
Known android bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jpere wrote:Android app got updated and this still did not get addressed. For shame.
It's not an Android bug. If there is a bug, it's in the back-end. I don't get popups most of the time on iOS either. The situation is either 1) Perlin explained the situation incorrectly, 2) The situation is different now than when Perlin explained it before, or 3) The code is bugged and doesn't behave as the developers expect.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ccdmas
sentient02970 wrote:I'm not seeing ANY pop ups on Android for a LONG time. It does back out in view when stopped but no alerts, nothing. I'm assuming this is still broken.
Same here, FWIW. Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S3. No popups since 3.6, still unchnaged in 3.7.2. Also same as noted before, it *seems* it's trying to display them but the only visible activity is a short zoom out and in.

CU,
Massimo
ccdmas
Send a message

Post by Jpere
The pop-ups still don't work for me.

I have it sent to show All Pop-ups, not just the ones for my group, and when I am stopped the map zooms out as if to show me some Popups and then nothing happens.

Anyone else experience this?
Jpere
Send a message

Post by Jpere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Jpere wrote:Anyone else experience this?
Known android bug.
Android app got updated and this still did not get addressed. For shame.
Jpere
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
The pop-ups when stopped does actually appear. They just disappear very quickly as well, so if you want to see them, you need to be quick. I guess this is from all the complaints.
The moment you start moving again, they also disappear.
On Android, they appear as a left right swipe-able popup, typically with 3 items from what I could see.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by photobuff4955
I have been a waze user for some time now and in the top 250 in my area. I have been having trouble with waze so deleted and reinstalled. NOW, even tho I have selected events on my route only, I am not only getting ALL events (I was informed of police 60 miles away!) they are popping up while driving. Constantly. Also, can't get rid of the"spotlight" effect. Suggestions?
PS: Using iphone5. Which, by the way, is apparently not a "valid device" because I tried sending this to the Waze team and it wouldn't go through, got the error message "please enter valid device". Thanks.
photobuff4955
Send a message

Post by sentient02970
I'm not seeing ANY pop ups on Android for a LONG time. It does back out in view when stopped but no alerts, nothing. I'm assuming this is still broken.
sentient02970
Send a message

Post by simon0117
photobuff4955 wrote: Also, can't get rid of the"spotlight" effect. Suggestions?
Is this the bug with group notifications, where the spotlight won't go away and the map can't be controlled? I've had to turn off group notification because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
simon0117
Send a message