These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Reporting road closures

Post by SPEEDIN459
I tried to report that the onramp to an interstate from both directions of another interstate is closed when I got home (a mile or two away) but the arrows to report closures only appear on the streets directly next to me. How can I report it?
SPEEDIN459

POSTER_ID:10897234

Send a message

Post by CBenson
You can't. Currently you can only report closures adjacent to the road segment you are on.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by SPEEDIN459
Is there going to be an update to allow remote street updating? It makes it easier so you don't have to try to do it while driving.
SPEEDIN459
Send a message
Last edited by SPEEDIN459 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SPEEDIN459
It tried to navigate me to the interstate I was trying to report the closures on because they are completely redoing the on ramps for both ways but couldn't.
SPEEDIN459
Send a message

Post by timbucks
I had one today that due to me taking an obvious diversion avoiding the closure meant I never got to a neighbouring segment to mark it closed. The app kept wanting to take me through the closure. I could have closed the road it trying to take me down to force a reroute but it would have marked the wrong road as closed...

Also if a segment is closed off a mini or small roundabout you can't currently easily close it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
timbucks
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message