Constant crashes on Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Constant crashes on Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD

Postby olorin2 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Hello All:

I previously had Waze on an HTC Thunderbolt, running Honeycomb, with no issues at all. I don't think I had 1 crash in the several months it was on that phone. When I upgraded to the Droid Razr Maxx HD, the app automatically downloaded to the phone. But ever since I started using it on the Motorola, I've had constant crashes every time I use it. The phone is running Jellybean 4.1.

Waze will crash every time I go into 'Scoreboard' under 'My Waze' (or Groups, etc). But even more frustrating is the fact that it often crashes when I come to a stop and the map zooms in. I am constantly restarting the app during regular every day commutes.

Do I have a corrupted copy of the app? Like I mentioned, Waze automatically downloaded to my new phone, so I'm not sure if a fresh install would resolve it. Would I need to retain any specific files on my phone if I did re-install it? Or, can I just delete everything and start fresh, and still have all my personal info saved? The version I currently have installed is 3.6.0.0.

Thanks in advance for the help!
olorin2

Re: Constant crashes on Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD

Postby CBenson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I am also using Waze 3.6.0.0 on Android 4.1.2 on a Droid Razr Maxx HD (Verizon). So far waze has been stable for me. I've had a couple of crashes here and there, but nothing major. I can view my scoreboard without problems. So this doesn't seem directly related to the hardware to me.

As you are having problems with the scoreboard and with the pop-ups (and ads) that should display when you come to a stop, my guess it is some problem with how waze is attempting to retrieve internet content on your phone.

I'd be glad to compare settings, but we've about reached as far as my technical knowledge goes. Maybe others can comment on the best way to remove and reinstall.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby olorin2 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Another Maryland user here. :D I did see a post about the pop-up issue, but honestly I didn't think it was related to my problem. I've actually never seen a pop-up ad while using Waze.

I'd also be happy to compare any settings. And if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd be grateful.
olorin2

Postby tripecollie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Olorin2 I also have EXACTLY the same issue as you. I'm also using Waze 3.6.0.0 on Android 4.1.2 with a Razr Maxx HD through Verizon. I've tried a clean reinstall and deleting the Waze directory before the clean install with no luck. Has anyone here seen any response from the developers regarding this? I've seen the issue mentioned in other threads. This is not a one time issue. I would be more than happy to compare phone specs, apps installed, etc to try and figure this out simply with other users. It's very frustrating.
tripecollie

Postby olorin2 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:18 pm

I believe one of the devs responded about the issue in the Android 3.6 official feedback thread, saying that it was being worked. I think that was about a month and a half ago. I found a few other posts in that thread that I consolidated and re-posted in that same thread yesterday. I think one other person had a Razr Maxx HD and another had an HTC Droid DNA. Not sure about the rest, or if it's even a hardware issue. You know what the RMHD specs are since you own one, and as far as apps I have installed, I don't know if going through each one would be feasible. Suffice to say though I had the exact same apps installed on my Thunderbolt prior to upgrading, and had no problems with Waze. Very frustrating problem indeed.
olorin2

Postby tripecollie » Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Could you provide a link to this thread so I can monitor what's happening regarding this issue? I'm still using the app despite the crashes but it's quite annoying. I'm discovering more and more things that trigger a crash the more I use it as well. Being able to show a list of events that cause the app to crash on the Droid Razr HD might help tackle the issue.
tripecollie

Postby CBenson » Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tripecollie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:06 pm

So, with the newest updates to Waze I no longer have the app crashing when I come to a complete stop in the vehicle. That seems to have been completely fixed. However, all the rest of my issues are still just as present. I can't access the scoreboard or messages from the inbox. If I attempt either then waze immediately gives the all too familiar "Unfortunately, Waze has stopped." message...as if it wasn't obvious. Oh well, I guess they'll get around to my maxx HD issues eventually. 1 out of 3 is a start :\
tripecollie

Postby olorin2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 pm

I've had crashes when stopping a few times in the last week, and I was about to send more logs. Today on my way to work I started getting all the pop-ups suddenly, with no crashing. However, I've had random days where the pop-ups have come through, but the next day I get none and it crashes. Still can't get into the Scoreboard and some other menu items.

I'll keep an eye on it and send my logs if it continues to crash. Thanks for updating us, tripecollie!
olorin2

Postby tripecollie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:04 pm

You're welcome! That's interesting you mention the popups. I've NEVER had any popups with Waze. I've heard other people mention them though. They are popups for Ads I assume? Maybe that's part of the issue with my Waze, because I don't see them at all and it might affect the functionality somehow *shrugs*. I don't have any type of popup blocking software that I'm aware of. I definitely see popups in other apps I use.

Anyways, I did make a post on the new version thread and you may want to monitor responses there since I mentioned the three major issues I've had. You can see the thread and my response here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51324&p=473420#p473420
tripecollie

Next

Return to Waze App