Constant crashes on Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Constant crashes on Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD

Postby jdeyoung » Fri May 02, 2014 1:05 pm

olorin2 wrote:Well, I turned on my Accessibility option for Light Flow this morning and saw no crashes on the way to work. Also, I was able to navigate through all the features without a crash as well.

So, assuming this was fixed, it was apparently something that didn't need to be updated on the phone? I never saw an actual Waze update that needed to be downloaded. I wonder why the devs wouldn't post here about a major bug being fixed - something that's been going on for over a year.

In any case, I'm really happy that this appears to be resolved. :)

Without any real feedback on what the problem was (from waze), I assume there were 2 parts - one with the client and one with the display infrastructure needed for scoreboard and ad serving (as at least 2 examples where the crash was easily reproduce-able). Fixing the client probably was needed before they were able to fix the other piece(s). If they really fixed everything on their side, that's even better - but it will definitely be fixed once and for all with the next client release. Yeah! :D
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

Postby olorin2 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Well, I turned on my Accessibility option for Light Flow this morning and saw no crashes on the way to work. Also, I was able to navigate through all the features without a crash as well.

So, assuming this was fixed, it was apparently something that didn't need to be updated on the phone? I never saw an actual Waze update that needed to be downloaded. I wonder why the devs wouldn't post here about a major bug being fixed - something that's been going on for over a year.

In any case, I'm really happy that this appears to be resolved. :)
olorin2

Postby tb4rings » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 am

This seems to be fixed now, fingers crossed.
tb4rings

Postby tb4rings » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:48 am

@msunderlage you can still use last pass w/o the accessibility option, just not in 3rd party apps (except dolphin).
tb4rings

Postby msundog » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:26 am

Great News! I'll cross my fingers for the next release.

I just had to revisit this thread to give an update. Recently LassPass updated their app that added an accessibility setting to the phone. This is now causing Waze to crash as well. I've had Lightflow disabled since my last post, but lastpass I can not live without.
msundog

Postby olorin2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 pm

This is awesome! I lost faith after one of the previous posts said that they couldn't reproduce the problem (which I found really hard to believe, considering the number of people having this issue). Seems like most or all of the Motorola Razr series phones are having this problem. I wonder if the more recent Maxx, Ultra and Mini are experiencing this.

Anyway, thanks so much for keeping this thread alive. Looking forward to that next release!
olorin2

Postby jdeyoung » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:22 pm

I had previously reported this as a bug and the situation was indeed due to any app using the accessibility option turned on - lightflow being just one example.
With an acknowledgement that they were able to reproduce the condition (a VERY large step in identifying the fix) - I followed up after the most recent release which hadn't yet fixed it. Long-winded way of saying - as near as I can tell it IS fixed in the most recent beta. YEAH!
So, please be patient a bit longer and you should see it when the next release arrives on Android. If have no information on when that might be, but it usually is not terribly long once they have a build stable enough to send to beta testers.
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

Postby EvanScottP » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:15 pm

I am a new user to and love Waze so far but am constantly frustrated with it shutting down. I do not have Lightflow but I was using NotifyMe. When I shut off the accessibility setting for it Waze did not shut down. To test it again, I turned on the Last Pass accessibility setting and Waze crashed.

I hope this information is helpful for the developers and it gets resolved quickly. I am using a Motorola Razr M XT907.
EvanScottP

Postby msundog » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:54 pm

...bump

I'm a new user on waze and have had problems with crashes. I also use Lightflow, and thru reading these threads have determined it is related to the accessibility settings. I'm using the latest version of waze as of 3/8/14 and I'm hoping someone has discovered a permanent solution other than turning off the accessibility settings of Lightflow. I'm using a Motorola Razr M.
msundog

Postby samattos » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:14 am

I have also confirmed that with Accessibility features turned on Waze crashes. I use a Pebble smart watch which uses Accessibility features. Once I turned off the Pebble notifications, I was able to access my Waze Scoreboard. With Pebble accessibility features turned on, Waze crashes everytime I attempt to access the Scoreboard. Waze also crashes (with Accessibility features turned on) almost every time my vehicle stops when using navigation.

I love Waze, but I love my Pebble smart watch more. I hope the Accessibility feature incompatibility is addressed soon.
samattos

Next

Return to Waze App