These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Constant crashes on Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD

Post by
Hello All:

I previously had Waze on an HTC Thunderbolt, running Honeycomb, with no issues at all. I don't think I had 1 crash in the several months it was on that phone. When I upgraded to the Droid Razr Maxx HD, the app automatically downloaded to the phone. But ever since I started using it on the Motorola, I've had constant crashes every time I use it. The phone is running Jellybean 4.1.

Waze will crash every time I go into 'Scoreboard' under 'My Waze' (or Groups, etc). But even more frustrating is the fact that it often crashes when I come to a stop and the map zooms in. I am constantly restarting the app during regular every day commutes.

Do I have a corrupted copy of the app? Like I mentioned, Waze automatically downloaded to my new phone, so I'm not sure if a fresh install would resolve it. Would I need to retain any specific files on my phone if I did re-install it? Or, can I just delete everything and start fresh, and still have all my personal info saved? The version I currently have installed is 3.6.0.0.

Thanks in advance for the help!

POSTER_ID:14522532

Send a message

Post by Battle9
Thanks olorin2, I have been reporting all of the crashes, even sent in everything they asked for but no answer from Waze on what was causing the crashes. I just deleted DynamicNotifications and now no crashing!
Battle9
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I am also using Waze 3.6.0.0 on Android 4.1.2 on a Droid Razr Maxx HD (Verizon). So far waze has been stable for me. I've had a couple of crashes here and there, but nothing major. I can view my scoreboard without problems. So this doesn't seem directly related to the hardware to me.

As you are having problems with the scoreboard and with the pop-ups (and ads) that should display when you come to a stop, my guess it is some problem with how waze is attempting to retrieve internet content on your phone.

I'd be glad to compare settings, but we've about reached as far as my technical knowledge goes. Maybe others can comment on the best way to remove and reinstall.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Its so odd that you're having all these problems and I can't really remember the last time waze really crashed on me. I'm using a beta version 3.7.2.901, but haven't had significant problems with the prior versions either.

Does waze still crash when you access the scoreboard?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
This issue (or something similar) seems to be happening to user of the beta versions as well. In the beta discussion the question was asked: "What browser are you using?" So I though it might be beneficial for that information to be provided here as well. I'm using Chome as the default browser.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Interesting. That would be a difference between your setup and mine. So I don't how to get both working at the same time.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Are you on a Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD as well?
I can click on the backwards E and the ad to download the NEW single from hip hop legend Eminem comes up without issue. So this still seems to be some software conflict.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I've been told the issue has been forwarded to the QA and client team.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Yeah, somehow I missed the response to where I pointed to this thread in the beta testing forum with regard to crashing issues. The response was
That’s not the issue, as we couldn’t reproduce it.
So it doesn't seem to be addressed in the newer versions.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by EvanScottP
I am a new user to and love Waze so far but am constantly frustrated with it shutting down. I do not have Lightflow but I was using NotifyMe. When I shut off the accessibility setting for it Waze did not shut down. To test it again, I turned on the Last Pass accessibility setting and Waze crashed.

I hope this information is helpful for the developers and it gets resolved quickly. I am using a Motorola Razr M XT907.
EvanScottP
Send a message