These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bluetooth sound to car audio

Post by ivanpasic
Is it possible to have Waze send audio navigation by bluetooth to car audio the way Google Maps does it on iOS now? I believe there one can turn on bluetooth under sound settings, but I have to change my car audio input to bluetooth. I would like to listen to radio and have the phone interrupt radio when instructions are given, the way Google Maps does it. If this is impossible, is there a place where this can be requested? Thanks!
ivanpasic

POSTER_ID:1713756

Send a message

Post by Dalia_
Just when I was about to give up, it's somewhat working again :?: Did not do anything different, all settings are the same. It seems to be intermittent. It worked beautifully before.
Dalia_
Send a message

Post by Dalia_
WeeeZer14 wrote:Waze audio IS sent as phone audio. With my phone (iPhone 4) and my car (2012 VW Passat) Waze will interrupt the radio, the CD player, even the radio being off to play all sounds through the car speakers.

Make sure "prefer Bluetooth" is checked in the settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly how it use to work and my "prefer Bluetooth" setting has always been checked. Thank you for responding to this post. For a moment and based on what others have said, I thought I was going nuts. As you've said, whether it was radio, CD etc., it interrupted and played through the car speakers.
Dalia_
Send a message

Post by Dalia_
cbalaban wrote:I am having exactly the same problem as Dalia_ reporting above. Only since the Aug 28 update... Clearly something changed in the update and I wish I never did the update. I hope the product developers take note. We need some help here. I love Waze.
Exactly! I wish I could revert back.
Dalia_
Send a message

Post by Dalia_
Sound through car speakers working again with iOS 7. Whether the radio is on or CD/streaming music is playing - it all works again as it did.
Dalia_
Send a message

Post by emailstephen
hi - i see this conversation is a couple years old - but i'm having a "new/same" problem - have a nice JVC bluetooth radio. installed waze and everything worked fine. suddenly, waze doesn't talk thru the radio any more, tho my radio display says "talking". i hear nothing at all (the radio stops as if waze is talking to it and, again, the display says "talking") - any ideas? i've tried turning off bluetooth and back on, changing voices on waze, playing with volume while it is 'talking' etc ...

i'd really like to get it back to normal ... waze overrides the radio and tells me where to turn!! :)

thanks for any help or suggestions

stephen
emailstephen
Send a message

Post by emailstephen
oh, and i have iphone 5s (not android) - sorry ... my first time posting - please let me know if i need to provide any other info - thanks again
emailstephen
Send a message

Post by FuzzyBabies
I got my Waze to work through my car bluetooth in an accidental way. Maybe it will work for some others as well.

iPhone 5S updated to latest version 7.0.3
Waze updated to latest version 3.7.3.0
Car: Subaru Impreza 2013 Limited 2.0i

1. Close out of everything on your iPhone. Close all apps.
2. Make sure your iPhone is connected to cars Bluetooth. I had to do this through the voice command system on the car and NOT through the cars LCD display. Had to delete both existing paired iPhones and then pair again. This worked. But Waze still didn't work through bluetooth. So.
3. Open Google maps and allow the voicing to direct you somewhere. For some reason the Google bluetooth worked perfectly. Everytime. Then I went back into Waze and the Bluetooth worked!
Something seemed to happen with Google Maps that allowed Waze to work properly. I'm sure someone here could explain why this happened.

This totally worked for me. I hope it helps some other people having issues.
FuzzyBabies
Send a message

Post by iRudhra
So how can we get Waze to add this option to the Android version for the app? Other Android apps have this feature so it is definitely not a hack or something.

Another weird (in my opinion: basic) feature missing: start Waze automatically when connected to a specific Bluetooth device (the car).
iRudhra
Send a message

Post by KerryReidHarlan
I bought a 2015 Honda CR-V in April, Waze worked great for about 2 months playing through Bluetooth. I don't know if it is the IOS update or Waze update that caused the issue but all that happens now when directions come on is my radio goes quiet. I REALLY need sound to work again, my eyesight (reading) is getting worse by the second and I can't read the screen anymore making GPS pretty worthless if I can't hear it. Please someone help me fix this.
KerryReidHarlan
Send a message