These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Traffic report incorrect when using hands-free

Post by mwmosser
A strange bug: when I use hands-free to report a traffic jam, I get verbal confirmation of the choice I made, and the icon on the screen represents the right level of the jam, but when I touch it it shows an incorrect level. For example, I report (regularly, sigh) "heavy traffic" and get the "reporting heavy traffic - ok?" verbal reply. When I say "ok" I see the icon for heavy traffic pop up where I reported it (along with my 6 points). When I touch it, however, it says "moderate traffic."

I don't want people to think there is moderate traffic when in fact we're crawling along here in Austin.

Thanks -

MM
mwmosser

POSTER_ID:11067195

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Interesting find. I haven't tried traffic reporting via handsfree recently because I like to include extra text or a voice recording along with the report and that isn't currently possible with voice commands.

I'd like to get others to chime in with their experience with this, too.

What is your phone, OS and Waze version?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by orbitc
I tested this and OP is right.
When using hands-free option, if you report heavy traffic by speaking, you will get the regular icon but when you click on the icon it will show moderate traffic reported. All other traffic reports are correct. Light and stand still.

Edited
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!