Gas updates not going through

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Gas updates not going through

Postby wiredcell » Sun May 05, 2013 12:03 am

I have the same problem too. I can do up to 4. Then it says sending update. I drive a little more and I can do another 4. It sucks when you go through a bigger city. You miss a lot.

I got bronze in Texas by just driving and gas station reporting (4300 miles). So it's important to me.

And it started when everyone else noticed it too
wiredcell

Postby tree_d » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:57 pm

I would like to see NO points earned for simply 'confirming' gas prices, as it seems that TONS of users along my daily route are just 'confirming' clearly incorrect prices for the points.
The whole idea of user-updated prices is for an accurate and up-to-date database - to reward people who clearly have no interest in the whole 'community' aspect of Waze is just absurd. It defeats the purpose entirely.
The fact that you get the same number of points for 'confirming' prices as for actually taking the time to enter the correct prices has led to completely inaccurate prices along my route, and it is frustrating to see the same user names day-in and day-out. Sending a PM to these users is useless as these people clearly have no interest in 'The greater good' only in getting a piddly 8 points per confirmation.
** Frankly, I could care less about 8 points per station, as I can earn several hundred points for about an hours worth of map editing, which is vastly more rewarding and helpful to the community overall.

Just my $0.02

tree_d
tree_d

Postby tpalmer87 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:45 am

I'm experiencing the same problem. I can report some without a problem then come to one that will not update and keep saying "sending update".
Apple iPhone 5 - Verizon
tpalmer87

Postby TheDane » Sat May 04, 2013 7:50 am

Also a problem on the international server - both gas price reporting and connection issues...
TheDane

Postby SocalToe » Thu May 16, 2013 6:08 am

I had to do a total re-install Monday.

I still have the gas price function.
Ed
SocalToe

Postby SocalToe » Fri May 10, 2013 1:04 am

I just managed to update some prices...........

:shock:
Ed
SocalToe

Postby SocalToe » Fri May 03, 2013 11:34 pm

AtomicNomad wrote:Also having issues with waze not finding a network. I have full 4g signal strength, and can surf just fine in safari.What gives........

I've been seeing this problem while I'm at home on wifi before I leave.............
Ed
SocalToe

Postby SocalToe » Wed May 01, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm having problems too.

Currently it's stuck at

'Sending update....'

And I'm on WIFI, next to the router................
Ed
SocalToe

Postby robwoodruff » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:57 am

I drove by 5 gas stations today and all but one had all the prices correct. I corrected the middle octane price at one station and the server took it with out problems.
robwoodruff
robwoodruff

Postby Riamus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:19 pm

If you see a user continually doing something wrong, let your regional coordinator know about it. They will take care of the problem. I am almost positive from using other gas price sites or apps that some station owners purposely enter incorrect (low) prices to get people to come there. By the time someone gets there and finds out the price is wrong, they may still get gas rather than drive somewhere else. And that is not for points, but for money. It definitely shouldn't be done, but I'm pretty sure it is done from evidence I've seen. We want to get rid of any problems like that as soon as we see them.

One thing to keep in mind about prices as well. Some users will confirm a price that they can see and not verify any other prices. For example, stopping to get gas at a station that keeps diesel on only certain pumps, a user may verify the prices of the main gas types, but won't bother going over to the diesel pumps to find out what that price is. It may be wrong, but because you are confirming all prices or none, the diesel is treated as if it's been confirmed. Another example is for people who verify prices as they drive past without stopping. They'll verify the prices that are shown on the large sign. If some prices aren't on the sign, their verification won't be complete, but will appear to be complete because it's an all or nothing setup. Maybe these aren't what you're seeing, or maybe they are. But if these are what you're seeing, then it probably has nothing to do with the points.

In any case, we do want to reward confirmations or people won't bother and then you have stations with confirmation dates of weeks or months (some stations rarely change their prices unless there is a significant increase or decrease in price). Although I would agree with having the reward be half the amount for updating the data. Of course, then you have the question... are these people just confirming the prices or are they entering the wrong prices. Changing the points won't help if they are entering prices that are wrong.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Next

Return to Waze App