Gas updates not going through

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Gas updates not going through

Postby crewbrew » Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 pm

5 stations every 10 minutes? That explains it. I thought that it was a network issue. It would be better to get a message, a popup, or get 0 points for updating.

In the New York Area U.S., you can easily pass 50 gas stations during a 30 minute commute. That would explain how some of those scores are crazy on the points list!
crewbrew

Postby dhevron » Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm

I am only able to report 5 prices.

The purpose of Waze is to provide accurate and timely information to other users. I often ride as a passenger and I would report prices as often as I could, but now I am limited. I am not concerned about the points, so if we want accurate information on gas prices, then let us post as many as we can.
dhevron

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 am

Gas prices are still working the same for me. 5 prices, wait ten minutes as described earlier in the thread. Like everyone else, I don't mind not receiving points (or having it decrease over time) but I would like price updates to go through even if they momentarily don't count for anything. I can blitz the five station limit sitting at just two stoplights in town, then the other 10 or so stations can't get updated until I come back through much later.

I've basically gone back to updating on GasBuddy more regularly since Waze is behaving in such a screwy way. GB only awards points for the first six prices but you can keep reporting until your fingers go numb. :)

As for points-farming, I discovered that "issue" a few months ago when sitting with another Wazer together, trying to figure out the crash-on-advertisements bug that still hasn't been fixed. We discovered we could keep updating a nearby station over and over if we just took turns. I think we each did it over a hundred times before I concluded there was no "catch" in place to prevent this scam.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SocalToe » Thu May 16, 2013 6:08 am

I had to do a total re-install Monday.

I still have the gas price function.
SocalToe

Postby Edici01 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 am

Looks like the latest Waze update has removed the Gas feature totally. The release is still 3.6.0.0, but Waze app asked to do a restart and the Gas button is now gone. Can anyone else confirm this?
Edici01

Postby apcastig » Sat May 11, 2013 6:27 am

STILL... Not working in So. California either... This 'feature' is turning into a Safety Issue.

What gives...? I have lost now over 400 Gas Price Updates = 3,200 points!!!

How do you get those points added? I did my part, Waze you owe us,right? ;^)

Very frustrating.... CHEERS!!!
apcastig

Postby mikesellshouses » Fri May 10, 2013 1:22 pm

The problem isn't amount of stations in 10 min. The problem is sometimes you can't update a particular gas station.
mikesellshouses

Postby SocalToe » Fri May 10, 2013 1:04 am

I just managed to update some prices...........

:shock:
SocalToe

Postby AtomicNomad » Wed May 08, 2013 12:24 am

you'll get 3 points if you report the same report back to back.

Which is basically what happened; Thanks for the heads up!

My point is that I hope the 6th will return an error or 0 points

Ditto that! On the other hand, sometimes I can count to 5! :lol:
AtomicNomad

Postby orbitc » Tue May 07, 2013 11:53 pm

davipt wrote:Let me just get one thing straight - 5 stations in 10 minutes? and when one tries the 6th, the client gives 0 points, gives an error, or hangs on the sending spinner? Because today I got the spinner but I'm sure it was network, as the drive was surely not 10 minutes long. My point is that I hope the 6th will return an error or 0 points, never hang on the spinner, because hanging spinners are bad bad bad and it's already enough when there is no network or when the backends are slow and the spinner stays there forever and one needs to restart the client.

I had a similar situation on the first gas station. It said no network. I was getting gas, and when I'm done with gas I tried one last time and it worked???
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App