These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Gas updates not going through

Post by
Since yesterday (4/30), only one in every 7-10 gas updates is actually completing to the 'price updated' message. If I close the update and search again and pick either the same station or another, the same thing occurs. I'm based in Atlanta, GA, running an iPhone 4S v6.1.3 and Waze release 3.6.0.0.

Is anyone seeing similar behavior? Road reports are going through fine.

Thanks,
Edimon

POSTER_ID:12542432

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
US west coast I entered gas prices over the last couple of days, but they are spread out enough I may not be able to experience the same issue.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze HQ has acknowledged they know about this situation. They have this thread, so if they have any feedback, they will provide it directly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Well, I sure wish they had acknowledged it directly in this thread. That information from AtomicNomad which was received via email is what we have been advised. Similar to there being a limit on road reports, the limit for gas price updates was put in place after several cases of abuse of the feature for "points-farming". The app will have a notification about this in the future.

Waze feels that this limit is appropriate for most places, with the exception of some locations which may have 6-8 stations within a mile. However, because Waze expects that drivers are not driving and updating at the same time, it is nearly impossible to stop at 5 stations within 10 minutes. So, this is also, IMO, a feature which assumes drivers are behaving responsibly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have also made other suggestions to Waze in terms of things like reducing points for after x reports in y time instead of 0, and also reducing or eliminating points for confirmations. I am sure this will mature a little over time and we'll get to a more optimal state.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by apcastig
Not working in So. California either... This 'feature' is turning into a Safety Issue.

What gives...? I have lost over 200 Gas Price Updates = 1,600 points!!!

How do you get those points added? I did my part, Waze you owe us,right? ;^)

Very frustrating.... CHEERS!!!
apcastig
Send a message

Post by apcastig
STILL... Not working in So. California either... This 'feature' is turning into a Safety Issue.

What gives...? I have lost now over 400 Gas Price Updates = 3,200 points!!!

How do you get those points added? I did my part, Waze you owe us,right? ;^)

Very frustrating.... CHEERS!!!
apcastig
Send a message

Post by AtomicNomad
Has waze put a time limit on gas price reporting? Don't know why though as it kinda defeats the purpose of the feature.

Also having issues with waze not finding a network. I have full 4g signal strength, and can surf just fine in safari.What gives........
AtomicNomad
Send a message

Post by AtomicNomad
There MUST be more people with this issue....
This is a quite post; Maybe we're the only ones
Reporting gas
AtomicNomad
Send a message

Post by AtomicNomad
Just received this from waze in an email about some missing points. I also asked about the gas reporting "issue" and this was their reply
"About the gas station reporting, you can update 5 prices every 10 minutes."
AtomicNomad
Send a message

Post by AtomicNomad
I think waze already cuts report points after multiple reports.
back in march, while hauling up i89 N, I came up on an accident with
Traffic quickly backing up; so I reported "heavey traffic."
A few minutes later waze popped up and asked if I was in a stand still, which by that time I was.
I selected "yes" and waze put out their own update while crediting me with three
Points.
I guess based on what your saying there Alan, I got three points because waze reported it?
I thought maybe I had hit a time or distance limit.
AtomicNomad
Send a message
Last edited by AtomicNomad on Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.