Gas updates not going through

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Gas updates not going through

Postby AtomicNomad » Wed May 08, 2013 12:24 am

you'll get 3 points if you report the same report back to back.

Which is basically what happened; Thanks for the heads up!

My point is that I hope the 6th will return an error or 0 points

Ditto that! On the other hand, sometimes I can count to 5! :lol:
St. Johnsbury, Vt Area Manager
AtomicNomad

Postby cavenaughgail » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:30 am

I frequently have get a message about no GPS even though everything else in waze is working and I could be driving right by the station. I usually have to hit the gas price report button multiple times to get it to work, and then I am past the station and don't remember the prices.
cavenaughgail

Postby coastieet » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:16 pm

HI. Anyone else having problems find the 'update' gas prices on 3.7?
Thanks
coastieet

Postby CrackedLCD » Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 am

Same here. The stations will work during one go-round, then not work a few minutes or hours later. When it does work, it's lightning fast, though.

Very frustrating — I've probably missed 20-30 stations in the last few days.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

HTC Droid DNA (Android 4.2.2) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun May 05, 2013 7:35 am

I'm not seeing four, but five prices, then a five minute delay before I can do it again.

I've gone from reporting (or fixing 3rd party prices) at 20-60 stations a day to just a handful because it's so frustrating.

Do they want us to report prices, or not?
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 am

Gas prices are still working the same for me. 5 prices, wait ten minutes as described earlier in the thread. Like everyone else, I don't mind not receiving points (or having it decrease over time) but I would like price updates to go through even if they momentarily don't count for anything. I can blitz the five station limit sitting at just two stoplights in town, then the other 10 or so stations can't get updated until I come back through much later.

I've basically gone back to updating on GasBuddy more regularly since Waze is behaving in such a screwy way. GB only awards points for the first six prices but you can keep reporting until your fingers go numb. :)

As for points-farming, I discovered that "issue" a few months ago when sitting with another Wazer together, trying to figure out the crash-on-advertisements bug that still hasn't been fixed. We discovered we could keep updating a nearby station over and over if we just took turns. I think we each did it over a hundred times before I concluded there was no "catch" in place to prevent this scam.
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:17 am

I agree, a message or 0 points would at least be "something" to let us know it's working the way they want it to.

Right now after 5 stations, I get one of three conditions when trying to submit another price:

* it just goes into a holding pattern and never rejects/accepts the price, or

* an error message saying "Sorry Cannot update prices right now", or

* a message saying something about being a Baby Wazer so keep driving to unlock gas prices (!)
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 am

I'll take the opposite approach from all the point-misers here and say we ought to be getting 8 points PER GRADE reported, and each grade ought to be reportable separately so I'm not updating prices I cannot see while driving by on the highway. I usually zero-out those prices if they seem old or unlikely to be accurate, but because it's SO DIFFICULT to touch the prices exactly I tend to skip that because it's so frustrating.

In fact, I won't put any faith in the price system at all until they fix these serious annoyances. The gas price reporting screen needs to be larger and clearer, with larger touch-points for each grade so those of us with larger screens aren't struggling. They need to implement a per-grade updating scheme a la Gasbuddy and they need to kill this stupid "Network connection error" which is just a bald faced lie since we know they are restricting us to reporting 5 stations in 5 minutes. I don't mind not getting points beyond a set amount, since that's how Gasbuddy also works… but don't give me an error when I need to update incorrect prices on the go. That's just lame and it makes everyone think it's a toy, which leads to lots of fake prices.
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD

Postby crewbrew » Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 pm

5 stations every 10 minutes? That explains it. I thought that it was a network issue. It would be better to get a message, a popup, or get 0 points for updating.

In the New York Area U.S., you can easily pass 50 gas stations during a 30 minute commute. That would explain how some of those scores are crazy on the points list!
crewbrew

Postby davipt » Tue May 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Let me just get one thing straight - 5 stations in 10 minutes? and when one tries the 6th, the client gives 0 points, gives an error, or hangs on the sending spinner? Because today I got the spinner but I'm sure it was network, as the drive was surely not 10 minutes long. My point is that I hope the 6th will return an error or 0 points, never hang on the spinner, because hanging spinners are bad bad bad and it's already enough when there is no network or when the backends are slow and the spinner stays there forever and one needs to restart the client.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App