These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Any way to turn off asking if I'm going Home/Work?!?!

Post by SpineDoc7
Let me start by saying I love Waze, I choose it over Apple maps/Google maps every single time.

I had a question, every time I get in my car it either asks me if I'm going Home, or to Work, it's very annoying especially because if I don't hit no it times out and automatically puts me into navigation. This is very frustrating, is there any way to turn this off? I mean, I go to work and home every day I don't need navigation to these areas. I am guessing this might be tied to the option to auto learn frequent trips in the settings? If so I didn't want to turn this off as it seems like a useful feature, but I'd like the "are you going home/work" messages/time outs to stop.
SpineDoc7

POSTER_ID:14508718

Send a message

Post by SpineDoc7
Kuhlkatz wrote:This is controlled by Settings / advanced / remember routes to frequent destinations.
If you switch it off it will not prompt you, but also not remember other frequent destinations.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, this is what I figured. Will you guys consider separating those 2 functions in the future? I'd like Waze to remember my frequent destinations and possibly navigation routes (does it work like that?), but I can't stand that Home/Work forced navigation anymore.
SpineDoc7
Send a message