Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bonus Candy not unlocking

Post by cmonnowguys
I've been using Waze for a month and have cleared bonus points from having friends connected, but have not received bonus opportunities for "driving 2 days, 3 days, 4 days" etc, although I have been using the app every day. The last driving candy i got was "first weekend report" weeks ago. How can this be resolved?
cmonnowguys

POSTER_ID:15052676

Send a message

Post by danhazard
leapdog1 wrote:
sahls72 wrote:Click on support and type what you are looking for in the quick help. If none of the links answer your question, at the bottom of the page it says "Still can't find what you are looking for? Click Here".
Yeah- did that. Not helpful.
You can, in fact, simply contact support and they should be able to help you get the points you are missing.

You can find out how to do that by simply checking out the super useful Wiki, right here.

Scroll down a bit and there is a guide that will walk you through actually contacting someone at nanoRep.
danhazard
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by danhazard
Kuhlkatz wrote:Ok, lets make the solution simple :

Step 1. Read the Wiki section on Bonus points and road goodies to ensure that you are eligible to contact support for some Candy / Achievement that you did not get. This includes ensuring that you understand that the "First week you drove nnn days" does not seem to unlock all in one week any more, and that you also have waited for at least one full weekly cycle of point updates to complete. If you are not eligible, do not continue.

Step 2. Go to the Waze support site and type "Bonus Candy not unlocking" into the Quick help bar. Two topics are displayed, the first relating to "Points or routes not updated (Missing Points)" and the second one is "Achievements won't unlock".

Step 3. Read the section on "Achievements won't unlock" and note that it states "Please contact us if you didn't get candies that you collected.". The instructions on "How to contact us", is detailed in the Wiki Frequently Asked Questions, which is very good (read compulsory) reading material in general.

Step 4. Read through Question # 35 and pay special attention to the "nanoRep - Quick Help" paragraph.

Step 5. Now that you that have read through the section and you understand it's contents, simply follow the 8 easy steps in Question # 35 to file your official complaint that you were short-changed on the Candies.
Hello sir, I have discovered today that the Wiki doesn't really provide the correct answer, though it does get users started on the right path. You can refer to my post here, where I actually just outlined the process by trying to follow what is typed in the wiki.

Here's the deal, none of the initial categories that are displayed actually help you arrive at the submit a ticket (or whatever it's called).

Once you get to step #5 as outlined in Question #35, you are brought to this page:

Naturally users will click points, that is what they are missing, after all. Clicking points brings us here:

If you follow any of the links in this page, none of them will bring you to the latter half of step #6 in Question #35, the part where you are able to fill out the form to contact nanoRep. I believe this is why some users are frustrated. The Wiki is telling them to go here, but when they get there, they aren't finding what the Wiki is stating they should find.

In order to access the form, they will need to click More>> near the bottom of the list:

From there they should click: Problems with my Waze account:

And finally, the link that is talked about in step #6 of Question #35 is visible:

Which will take them to this page, where they can finally contact someone:

In my opinion, the Wiki should be updated with more clear instructions to help people who are having this problem, it's a popular topic, and after some personal research, I don't feel the Wiki gives accurate enough help in regards to solving the issue.

Or perhaps I can make a new post that can be stickied. Up to you guys.
danhazard
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by DragonOfThrones
It says I already got the candy for five friends, but I don't remember I got that one ever, including several others said I already got but I don't think it's accurate.
DragonOfThrones
Send a message

Post by jameshost
Same here, I got the 2 and 3 days rewards but despite driving 6 or all 7 days per week the past couple of weeks, no 4 day candy. :(
jameshost
Send a message

Post by jameshost
jameshost wrote:Same here, I got the 2 and 3 days rewards but despite driving 6 or all 7 days per week the past couple of weeks, no 4 day candy. :(
3+ weeks later still same thing, definitely have driven 4 days with waze in it's own week. Odd.

jameshost
Send a message

Post by jeeberpow
Thank you! Every post on this forum points to the wiki, which refers to old info. Infuriating! Anyway your directions helped. I understand why they're buffering themselves with FAQs but - ugh.
DanHazard wrote:
Kuhlkatz wrote:Ok, lets make the solution simple :

In my opinion, the Wiki should be updated with more clear instructions to help people who are having this problem, it's a popular topic, and after some personal research, I don't feel the Wiki gives accurate enough help in regards to solving the issue.

Or perhaps I can make a new post that can be stickied. Up to you guys.
jeeberpow
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I believe those are only awarded after a full week cycle starting and ending on Monday. You have to drive or do each of those bonus candy activities inside that Monday to Monday period. I would wait another week and if you don't see it then report it to Support.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Riamus wrote:Update: I received my 3-day candy today, so maybe it's been fixed. We'll see if I get day 4 and 5 over the next 2 days.
I don't recall when I went through this myself, but I would assume you can only get one of the bonus candies per week for the same category. I could be wrong and maybe the system was just not getting through all the data for all users and will eventually catch up.

I do seem to recall getting multiple candies for different categories in the same week, so maybe it was just a glitch that will resolve itself for you guys over the next week or so.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
jeeberpow wrote:Thank you! Every post on this forum points to the wiki, which refers to old info. Infuriating! Anyway your directions helped. I understand why they're buffering themselves with FAQs but - ugh.
As fellow users we feel your pain. :mrgreen:

Thanks for bringing this point up. It turns out we just updated the Wiki to the latest version which will give us lots of improvements for the overall community. Unfortunately the new server installation is using a different URL coding that is causing some complications for old links from the forum which is of course widespread throughout the forums.

I will check to see if we can make a change on the back end to solve this. Otherwise we will need to possibly consider a post in all forums showing how to manually change the URL when linking from an older post.

The Royal Blue text in these URLs
http://world.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page?title=Ferries
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page?title=Ferries
http://www.waze.com/wiki/?title=Ferries

should be simplified to
http://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Ferries

Again, I will check it there is a way to have the Wiki automatically redirect these old links.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message