These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by phrab77
I think I found the solution. Change your sound setting to device the fault then exit Waze. Then start Waze and search for some address, any address. Have your finger ready on the volume up button. As soon as Waze starts to speak, press the volume up button. You will see that it was all the way down, for some reason that I don't know. You can put it all the way up.
phrab77
Send a message

Post by phrab77
I think I found the solution. Change your sound setting to device the fault then exit Waze. Then start Waze and search for some address, any address. Have your finger ready on the volume up button. As soon as Waze starts to speak, press the volume up button. You will see that it was all the way down, for some reason that I don't know. You can put it all the way up.
phrab77
Send a message

Post by qazxcvbnmm
After upgrading to the latest version, I started to have sound issues with the speaker being too quiet. I tried and increased the volume (as suggested above) to maximum but little change. I contacted Waze support and they suggested clearing the cache (cc@tts) and reinstalling but also this troubleshooting for bluetooth.

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6291187?hl=en

I discovered that in the Advanced Sound menu that I had Sound Output set as "Play as Bluetooth phone call". I think this is new since I remember setting it to "Prefer Bluetooth" which doesn't exist anymore (at least on iOS). I reset it to "Device default" and my speaker volume is back to normal. Hope this helps.

BTW, support was great. Responded in 5 minutes.
qazxcvbnmm
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c5.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.png
qazxcvbnmm - Markham, Ontario, Canada - Country Manager

Post by sdgdean
I have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I use the speakerphone and the volume keeps on defaulting to low, although all the volume setting is on high. Even when I adjust the volume while it's speaking, the volume reverts to very low. The volume is low ONLY on Waze. Other volumes are fine. It seems to correct when I reboot the phone. It still happens but seems to reset itself when I reboot the phone. Hope this helps for some peeps. Good luck.
sdgdean
Send a message

Post by Semproxion
A recent update broke my volume too.

It used to attenuate the music volume and then give the instruction. Now it just plays without doing so and is pretty useless.
Semproxion
Send a message

Post by tbhall
This happened to me as well after applying the latest update from app store. Volume is too low to be helpful while driving. Using the volume button only brings up the ringer volume not the app volume.
tbhall
Send a message

Post by tizadrienne
I had the same problem on my iPhone (except there was NO sound), and after uninstalling and reinstalling waze several times, and checking all the sound settings for both Waze and the iPhone, I finally discovered that my MUSIC volume was set to 0 and that was directly affecting the Waze volume. Go to the music app, play a purchased song, and you will see the volume bar at the bottom. Turn that up all the way.
tizadrienne
Send a message

Post by TomInOrlando
I have to add that this is STILL a problem with Waze (Iphone 4S). Volume has always been too low. I added a BT Speaker to help Waze, but then all other sounds are too loud. I think it is time to fix this issue. My prior GPS 'GPS Drive' had the ability to adjust GPS Volume and Master Audio Sound Volume in the App, so to allow you to adjust the relative volumes.
TomInOrlando
Send a message

Post by usa_dm8lkmno
cgm18966 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:38 am My Waze started giving me a VERy limited volume on my bluetooth about a week ago.

I tried deleting the Waze cache both through the Apps tool and searching for cc@tts.

The volume remains unusable. This seems to be a known issue but it REALLY impacts the functionality of the application.

For now, I can work around it by setting the speaker on but that gets annoying when there are other people in the car.

I use Google Hangouts for phone calls and Pandora. Both work fine with the bluetooth.

thanks

chris

This is how I fixed my problem.  Turn on Waze put in a destination which you are not going to follow. Go the opposite way so Waze is always talking.  As it’s talking push volume up on phone.   Tada it’s fixed

usa_dm8lkmno
Send a message

Post by usa_f6f085v7
Yep,  that did the trick. Who woulda thunk. wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:16 am
MadHatterts wrote:I just discovered how to resolve the issue of low volume on Waze. Make a phone call and set the phone to speaker phone mode. Then turn the volume all the way up and then hang up. Waze will now play its voice navigation at full volume.
Thanks! This fixed my issue with the phone to speaker volume being too low.

usa_f6f085v7
Send a message