Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Bekrah
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Make sure the device volume slider stays at max when a sound is playing. when no sound is playing, the device slider is useless.
Why would the device slider []inot[/i] stay at max level unless the software was buggy?
Bekrah
Send a message
Bekure is the name, pronounced [beck-rah]

Post by Bekrah
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
BeKure wrote:Why would the device slider []inot[/i] stay at max level unless the software was buggy?
Because it depends on the sound output method. Unlike other audio-playing apps which seem to have a sound output open all the time, Waze doesn't. I believe in iOS, there is an output level defined by the OS for each output method: speaker, headphone, BT, dock. So the slider doesn't really know which one is going to be in use when a sound is playing. Because you could change to headphones later and then the level is different, and then you connect to BT and it's different again. The device volume slider in Waze is really rather useless, but it does cause problems because other apps can adjust the output volume too.
Thanks you for the response. Unfortunately the option to adjust the slider is not available in Waze when my iPhone is plugged into or connected via bluetooth to my car stereo.
With Motion X GPS app that said option is available. I'll just stick with Motion X I guess.
Waze has some cool options but if I can barely hear the turn by turn voice over my car speakers then its obsolete to me. Thanks anyhow.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/15/ary7yqez.jpg
Waze

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/15/aqydejun.jpg
Motion X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Bekrah
Send a message

Post by Bekrah
It still didn't make a difference. Thank you for your input though.
I will stick with what works. Thanks again.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/16/y9ahe5y6.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/16/ta3uquba.jpg

Bekrah
Send a message

Post by Bekrah
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
BeKure wrote:It still didn't make a difference. Thank you for your input though.
I will stick with what works. Thanks again.
Your screenshot doesn't show you are in voice command mode.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Wave your hand or 3-finger tap to bring up the voice commands prompt interface. Use the iPhone hardware buttons to increase the sound right then.
Otherwise, you are not adjusting the correct device volume. it still may make no difference, but just wanted to make sure you were following the proper workaround process.
This the interface you referring to?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/17/utagehuz.jpg

Bekrah
Send a message

Post by blondechaos
Same for me here as well, since latest update. Sound is barely audible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blondechaos
Send a message

Post by Brian6502554639
Volume thru phone speaker was great until recent update, now barely audible. This makes Waze very unsafe to use. Have device volume peaked & Waze prompt volume peaked...does no good. Recommended Waze to a friend & he is having same problem!
Brian6502554639
Send a message

Post by cgm18966
My Waze started giving me a VERy limited volume on my bluetooth about a week ago.

I tried deleting the Waze cache both through the Apps tool and searching for cc@tts.

The volume remains unusable. This seems to be a known issue but it REALLY impacts the functionality of the application.

For now, I can work around it by setting the speaker on but that gets annoying when there are other people in the car.

I use Google Hangouts for phone calls and Pandora. Both work fine with the bluetooth.

thanks

chris
cgm18966
Send a message

Post by danio1972
I tried out Waze and dismissed it years ago but have recently 'fell out' with TomTom and so have returned for another look at Waze

I'm liking the changes since I last checked the app/service out but I too have found the volume of alerts and directions when in the car to be low.

Taking the advice here I have noticed that the volume (in my car anyway) is related to the phone call volume; raising that by a few notches, either when an announcement is made from Waze or simply during a phone call has resolved the issue for me
danio1972
Send a message

Post by Dasur
I also have this problem. What's your device?

Mine is iPhone 7+ and running through Bluetooth in my Audi A6 2013.
Dasur
Send a message

Post by DaveJFT
Hi folks,

[Android 5.0.1 on Google Nexus 4, Waze v.3.9.4.0]

I've not had a problem with speaker volume using Waze until I started using a Bluetooth Hands Free kit. Previously Waze would default to outputting audio via the phone speaker and was plenty loud enough. When attaching the Bluetooth Hands Free kit, to stop Waze trying to play sound via the Hands Free kit I've had to turn on the "Play sound to phone speaker" setting and now Waze's voice volume is whisper quiet - even with both the phone's media volume and Waze's voice volume turned up full.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Dave
DaveJFT
Send a message