These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kjstech
Thank you. I did post it to the iOS official feedback thread with a link referencing this one. My wife has the android version and I haven't played with her phone that often but I imagine the basic functionality with Waze would be the same.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by paulkok_my
kjstech wrote:Well if it asked if I want to go to work or head home, and I clicked yes, that should be it. I mean why the heck would I have clicked yes if that was the case? I'm all for less distractions so less button clicks should be safer and more efficient.
Actually the 2nd pop up is to tell you the client has chosen a particular route (fastest/shortest - depending on your setting) to your destination and during that time you have a choice to use a different route by clicking on the "Routes" button. When you click on the "Route" button, the client provides you alternative routes to your destination for you to choose. If you prefer the clients chosen route, you can either click the "Go" button to immediately start or you can wait for it to time out and start.

The bottom line is you are given a choice to select any available routes besides the chosen one by the client.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
kjstech wrote:Ok but why can't all that be on one screen then? On the first screen say "Driving to work?" or "Heading home?" show the routes option and the bar with the potential hazards along the way and ETA.

So basically combine both screens into one?

Hey I'm just trying to think efficiency, less interacting with the screen (more attention to the road) and easier, quicker less screen taps operation.

I imagine Waze dev's read these posts? Is this better posted in one of the stickies at the top?
Good idea on combining the two into one. Why don't you go to the Android v3.7 Official Feedback Thread and post there as that is the correct place to give your ideas on how to further improve the client.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
kjstech wrote:Thank you. I did post it to the iOS official feedback thread with a link referencing this one. My wife has the android version and I haven't played with her phone that often but I imagine the basic functionality with Waze would be the same.
Oops! Sorry I missed seeing your signature that you are using iPhone. Anyway every time waze release a new version whether for Android or IOS, they will start a new thread on official feedback. That's where users start their feedback on problems faced or suggestions to improve the client.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by YLF1053
Hi,
This is still an issue in 2021, android OS:
1) Launch waze;
2) Waze asks: Home? -> Click yes;
3) Waze calculates the route;
4) Start driving;
5) After ~20 seconds waze asks the same: Heading home?
6) Click Yes.
YLF1053
Send a message