These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bug Report for iPhone App

Post by dbkguy
I've got the latest iPhone app released by Apple.

I was really looking forward to the update.

New problems.

It tends to default to night mode no matter how many times I switch it. Still sometimes it works. Another time it was night and it defaulted to day mode.

Turn by turn voice directions. I had it for awhile now, and I have only gotten it to work with voice twice. I've rebooted, shut down, everything. The most I get now is a tone when it reroutes.

Another problem, is the app goes to sleep on a random basis. I will be driving along and the screen will dim if I notice it or be black. Have to hit home button again and slide on to use.

Just wanted to pass this info on.
dbkguy

POSTER_ID:3819

Send a message

Post by sketch
dbkguy wrote:It tends to default to night mode no matter how many times I switch it. Still sometimes it works. Another time it was night and it defaulted to day mode.
This has been fixed in the newest beta and thus should be working properly whenever the next version is submitted to and approved by Apple.
dbkguy wrote:Another problem, is the app goes to sleep on a random basis. I will be driving along and the screen will dim if I notice it or be black. Have to hit home button again and slide on to use.

Just wanted to pass this info on.
This has happened to me many times, but simply tapping the screen has awoken it for me every time it's happened.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!