These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by GCDoan
On iOS v6.1.4 on iPhone 5. Prior to v3.7 things seemed to work propery. With v3.7, I would get Report notifications (hazards, police, etc.) through my vehicle sound system (2008 BMW X5), but no navigation sound whatsoever. All has worked previously and I tried restarting app, phone, and re-establishing BT pairing. Nothing helped. Since I'm getting the Report notifications, it would seem to be an app issue.
GCDoan
Send a message

Post by GCDoan
davipt wrote:
gdoan wrote:On iOS v6.1.4 on iPhone 5. Prior to v3.7 things seemed to work propery. With v3.7, I would get Report notifications (hazards, police, etc.) through my vehicle sound system (2008 BMW X5), but no navigation sound whatsoever. All has worked previously and I tried restarting app, phone, and re-establishing BT pairing. Nothing helped. Since I'm getting the Report notifications, it would seem to be an app issue.
On the main menu, on the top left corner, there is a speaker button that is now tri-state, with a cross for no sound, a "!" for notifications only, or the regular speaker for all sounds. What kind of icon do you see on your client?
That might have been the problem. I actually discovered that earlier today (it was Fri-Sun I was having 'troubles'), but the car is in the shop for some brake work, so I can't test right now. But, I think it was set for Alerts only (speaker icon w/exclamation mark.) Thanks!!
GCDoan
Send a message

Post by ImpairedDriver
Known bugs from my knowledge, already fixed on the upcoming version:
- jailbroken devices with fake gps apps will show the map at 0,0 (won't fix )
- potential crashes with "extreme" loss of network
- potential "greyed out map" if an alert arrives during a full screen view open (e.g. reporting prices)
- crash when picking a favorite in relation to facebook events (the "home shows verified")

So if you didn't yet tried the facebook events, have no weird jailbroken software, and have good enough network, everything should just run smoothly
I have recently seen problems with 3.7 when trying to use Navigate for a location search after either stopping a navigation or after one has ended. I have not read about that in this thread, is anyone else encountering it?
Waze crashes to the iPhone Home screen.

Also, when you say a "good enough network" what exactly do you mean. I have noticed since day one of using Waze that when I fall back to Edge on AT&T in the US that I do not have network connectivity with Waze. It's interesting because even in new areas that I never driven before, Waze will say that it doesn't have network connectivity yet new map tiles are being downloaded as I see the roads and such around me while driving in these areas. I also see huge gaps in the "Drives" when viewing on the website, and these correspond to areas that I had Edge connectivity (or no connectivity at all in some areas which makes perfect sense).

Thanks!
ImpairedDriver
Send a message

Post by ImpairedDriver
For the first one I never experienced that, and with Geocaching I'm constantly doing short routes and constantly either stoping a route and creating a new one, or reaching the destination, logging the cache, and setting up a new one. Just send your logs and go to waze.com/support, search for debug logs, enable debug mode (search for "2##2"), and after the crash send your logs and ping the guys with your approximate timestamp (local and UTC just in case).
Sent Debug Logs and email with description. Thanks!
ImpairedDriver
Send a message

Post by ImpairedDriver
ImpairedDriver wrote:I have recently seen problems with 3.7 when trying to use Navigate for a location search after either stopping a navigation or after one has ended. I have not read about that in this thread, is anyone else encountering it?
Waze crashes to the iPhone Home screen.
Thanks!
Looks to be fixed in 3.7.2

Thanks!
ImpairedDriver
Send a message

Post by invented
Am I missing something? I tried to 'add a stop' and when nav started, the display zoomed all the way out so I couldn't see my route. I hit the 'target' to go to my current location and it wouldn't zoom in at all. I had to cancel the route and put my stop point as a single navigation point.

Also when changing the 'mute' options, the pop-up display of what option you're choosing won't come up if there is another option already being displayed on the screen, eg. you're cycling through really fast.
invented
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
iPhone 4S. All is well except when sending a private message in landscape mode, the text that you're typing is completely hidden behind the keyboard.

Also, display of other Wazers is hit and miss. They flash on for half a second then disappear. There should be a lot more also...either that or Waze has had a significant loss of userbase. As Alan said above, this may be a system issue, rather than an app issue.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
sketch wrote:After receiving a message from Jason, instead of doing whatever it's supposed to do, the text on my Inbox button changed to "InboxBtn".

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/01/7a6ajese.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
What happened when you pressed the inboxBtn?

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
markk655 wrote:Afer reading the numeous other issues with 'home', I wonder if the crash is coming from Waze asking me, "Would you like to drive to X?" since it knows that I am about to head somewhere based what it has learned (for example, home or work)?
markk655 wrote:Updating my previous post...

US based, iphone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Waze 3.7. App crashes when it originally is launched AND there are reports that come in. If there are no reports (for example late at night or on the weekend), Waze launches and navigates fine.
Try turning that option off (Auto Learn Routes to frequent Destinations) and see if it fixes your problem. A lot of users get tired of it guessing wrong and already have that off (as do I), and that may be why so many people are not experiencing that type of crash.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
omba_de wrote: Well... No. I've meant that button:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/05/yzaduper.jpg
Sorry. I don't know how this button is called in eng. "turn off"? "Off"? :)
It's better to close the app via that button. Not the home button!
"Turn Off Button" I guess...on machinery, it would be a "Power Button".

Yes, when you shut down Waze like this, it starts sending the data from the session and remains online until it's finished. A process that shouldn't take more than 30 seconds, I would think.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message