These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by RTPeat
perlin wrote:
RTPeat wrote:Couple of bugs so far:

1. If on start up I do a route, then ask it for alternatives and select one of the alternatives the entire route disappears and the TTS says I have arrived at my destination. Works fine if it recalcualtes enroute, only seems to occur if I'm actually sat at the start point.
Could not reproduce. Maybe you can provide specific steps to reproduce?
Yes, unfortunately it seems intermittent. Happens most consistently if I'm sat outside my home address going to work as Waze always tries to take me a particular route to work whereas the second or third variation it generates is closer to the way I'd usually go, as a result I usually press for alternative routes and pick the alternative. The other factor might be that it sometimes takes a little while for the GPS to settle down when I turn on at home, so Waze is flipping my location between my road and another behind the house, might be a combination of the location flipping around and Waze calculating alternative routes.
RTPeat
Send a message

Post by RTPeat
orbitc wrote:RTPeat, based on my personal experience....that happens because your last route wasn't completed fully. Especially, if the last route or destination was your home and that you have a wireless connection. your client tries to pick the stronger connection or known wireless connection that perhaps confuse Waze. I would suggest (if you haven't already) to wait for Waze to end the destination and also make sure to close Waze by choosing the "close" button.
I'm pretty scrupulous about using the close button to ensure my drives are uploaded, but certainly picking up the wi-fi at home could be the issue as my phone can pick our wi-fi up from the end of the street at times, and the 3G signal is not all that strong.
RTPeat
Send a message

Post by Seat6a
Used the new client on my trip home from vacation today. After inputting the destination, the "Ready to go?" screen showed several events on my route. However, as soon as I started navigating, those events disappeared. As in, when I tapped the time to destination box on the bottom of the screen, the timeline there showed no events.
Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA

Post by sketch
After receiving a message from Jason, instead of doing whatever it's supposed to do, the text on my Inbox button changed to "InboxBtn".

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/01/7a6ajese.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
jasonh300 wrote:What happened when you pressed the inboxBtn?
It showed my inbox, but your message was not there until I restarted the client, IIRC.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
The back button on the Foursquare check-in success screen is formatted inconsistently with the previous screen and the rest of the client, and there is no "done" or "close" button (there absolutely should be, and I'm pretty sure there was in 3.6).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/01/ygu5y7at.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/01/y4yraden.jpg

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
The "in 500 feet" prompt still comes way too early.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
The implementation of the "lock north up" feature is completely wrong.

Some people prefer to use a 2D map with north at the top. It's more useful for seeing where you are rather than simply where you should be going. Every GPS system I have used supports it natively.

So why am I treated like a second-class user when I want my map displayed like this?

The "lock north-up" setting should not be a toggle, and it should not be buried in the Advanced menu.

The "me on map" button should not be displayed when I am already centered on the screen. It doesn't even do anything when north-up is locked. And when it isn't, it returns to track-up, which I don't want to do.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/03/y6a8yvu7.jpg

Also, I should be able to spin the map around when I'm in north-up mode. There is absolutely no reason I shouldn't be able to do this.

Here's how it should work:

Get rid of the "lock north-up" setting.

Make the north-up toggle button on the main map screen a real toggle. It should not default to track-up, it should stay where it was.

When north-up mode is on, let me spin the map around. Pressing the me-on-map button should return me to north-up display.

When north-up mode is on, do not display the me-on-map button when I am already centered on the map. This is a no-brainer.

Alternatively, do it the way every other GPS I've ever used does it: offer a 3-position toggle between 3D, 2D north up, and 2D track up. I don't think we have to do it this way, though.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: I disagree. This is the first version it had ever actually locked north up ever. We disabled the ability to spin the map on purpose: you're in lock north-up mode, and that is exactly what it does, at all times and in all situations.
Well, okay, fair enough. Its existence shouldn't take the place of a true persistent but unlocked north-up setting.
sketch wrote:The "me on map" button ... doesn't even do anything when north-up is locked. And when it isn't, it returns to track-up, which I don't want to do.
Not for me. If you pan the map, "me on map" returns to centering on me remaining in north up lock mode. I can't get it to unlock ever.
By "when it isn't" I meant when north up is not locked, but when north up is selected and I am centered on the screen. I could have been much more clear.

My first point there is that the button is shown even when it is completely functionless. My second is that it shouldn't be there when I am in unlocked north-up mode either, and it shouldn't put me back in track-up mode.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
perlin wrote:This button is for the current session only (it won't stick upon reopening the client). The settings button, however, locks it for good (until you choose otherwise).
Then my point stands.

It should not be for the current session only. In fact, it's barely that. The "me on map" button should not put me back in track-up mode when north-up is selected. The "me on map" button shouldn't even be there when I'm centered on the map and being tracked properly in north-up mode.

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message