Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
jasonh300 wrote:I would expect it to be blurry on a monitor. I guess is have to see it side by side with a screen capture from a properly working iPhone 5.

Via my iPhone 4S
Look at it on a computer. The iOS top bar, the menu and report buttons, and the friends button are clear. The map and speedometer are noticeably blurry and/or aliased.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
jmp316 wrote:Again, iOS 7 is in beta. Let the waze team officially support iOS 7 before we rip it to shreds. Thanks, however, for sharing the flaw.
We're hardly "ripping it to shreds". This is a thread for reporting bugs, and that's a bug.

I don't think anyone's gonna sit here and make a case that Waze doesn't need to be tested on iOS 7.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
jmp316 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:True, but since Waze isn't even working on the app on iOS 7 yet, taking time to report a boatload of bugs on iOS 7 may not be the best because they will probably get lost.

I've entered BUG 4753 for this, though... :mrgreen:
Exactly my point. It may not be waze problem, but an iOS 7 problem. Betas have bugs. Again, please wait until waze officially supports the public release of iOS 7...
I don't think that's what Alan was saying exactly. I highly doubt the problem is with iOS 7 itself, but rather with how Waze is equipped to handle the way iOS 7 works. It's something Waze will have to change, just like they had to adapt to iOS 6's location service type flags.

You can't wait for the public release of an OS to start developing for that OS. Otherwise you're gonna leave everyone who upgrades to iOS 7 on days one, two, three, four, or five dead in the water for a while.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SlowButEffective
Hi. Every time I update, including this time, my settings get reset. I have to go in to change miles to kms. Not a big deal, just an annoyance.

Waze version: every version I've updated, including minor updates
iOS version: I always stay current
SlowButEffective
Send a message

Post by smack300
I had to close out the app to get the facebook sign in to go away. It said I had already authorized it and then went to a white screen that wouldn't go away.
smack300
Send a message

Post by smack300
This verision seems to freeze a lot more than the older one. Anyone else having that problem?
smack300
Send a message

Post by smig
Updated this morning, always shuts down when trying to navigate using saved "Home". I access this via lower left button (slider or touch). Other saved destinations will work but will randomly shut down if I use the lower left navigate button ( touch or slide).

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4 (10B350)
Verizon 14.2
Waze 3.7.0.0
smig
Send a message

Post by smokeeater
I've seen where people in this thread have had the same annoying problem as me after upgrading to v3.7. When navigating to "Home" it crashes and now it has "EventVerified" beside my word Home on navigation screen.
1. has this problem been fixed?
2. Is there a way to get rid of the Words "EventVerified"? i don't even know how they got there.

iphone 4 version 6.1.3
smokeeater
Send a message

Post by spar13
I've been updating gas prices for ages. Why would I be getting this?

Here is my current rank
spar13
Send a message

Post by spar13
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
spar13 wrote:I've been updating gas prices for ages. Why would I be getting this?]
If you recently upgrade or reinstall the app, you may get this for a while until the app loads all your info. However, it is most likely something has gone down on the server side. This has happened before.
I did recently upgrade to ios7 so that makes sense. Thanks!
spar13
Send a message