These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
unlimitedsounds wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:I did the update on my 4s... My issues

1. Street names are not always spoken. Sometimes it just says in .5 milestone left or exit right and doesn't always say street names or exit numbers o major highways

2. When traffic or any event pops on screen, the news version has a big box on the left side with the info . Old version was centered and smaller .. Also text in new box is small and too hard to read...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm still waiting to hear on these issues... I uninstalled and reinstalled and its still sometimes just saying TURN RIGHT instead of TURN RIGHT ON XXX STREET.. it does says the street name when you get 500FT or .5 miles .. but not like it used to. it never said things like "in 1 mile turn left"

any ideas??
What is your prompts language?
Did you try a clean installation?
Did it start since the upgrade?
perlin
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but is anyone else having trouble downloading any of the voices for the minimal turn instructions? Mine keeps getting stuck at about 50% and I always eventually get the timeout message of it being unable to download the requested voices.

Worse than that, it now prompts me to try to re-download those voices each time I start Waze up again even though I've selected other voice options. Everytime I retry, it just gets stuck and ends up telling me to try again later.

This seems to happen regardless of whether I'm on LTE or WiFi or if I switch between the two during the download (by, say, driving out of range of my WiFi).
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
kjstech wrote:Since this is labeled the "official feedback thread", here is some feedback based on a thread I've created : http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50277

It's distracting how Waze will ask if your driving to work or heading home, and if you click yes, then a second screen comes up where you have to click yes again.

I think both of these screens should be combined into one screen. If it says Heading home, on that very same screen show the routes button and the bar showing potential hazards and ETA. This means you would only have to click yes ONE time. I'm all for less button tapping, more looking at the road. Plus this would be faster and more efficient to have it on one screen, rather than TWO screens which take more time or make the user feel as if it is an 'annoying popup'.

That's my feedback on that.

Then secondly I have a thread here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50887 regarding that Waze (or something) pauses the audio upon re-entering the app. See the thread for the full details how to reproduce the problem. Basically you start a music app, then waze and start a route. You make a pitstop and pull the 3.5mm jack out of the phone and take it into the store with you. When you return to the car and plug in the jack again to the stereo, you unpause the music and as soon as you fire up Waze it causes the music to fade out and pause again. I'm not sure if this is a bug in IOS, the particular music app (Slacker, Sirius XM, Pandora), or Waze... but the commonality is as soon as Waze comes into view the music stops. The workaround is when you get to your stop, close Waze from it's turn off menu. Then when you return to the car, fire up music then fire up Waze, you can continue your route without the music switching off. I wonder if it has to do with IOS though because when you pull the 3.5 mm jack out, it senses it and auto pauses the music. This is a key step to reproducing the problem, because if you leave the jack plugged in, you can multi-task between other apps and Waze all day long and the music does not auto pause when Waze comes back into view.
I've noticed similar odd behavior as well if I disconnect the external audio system (in my case, a USB connection to Ford's SYNC system) before shutting down Waze. Essentially when I go to launch Waze back up, the background music audio gets stuck and I usually end up having to do a hard restart of the iPhone to get background audio and Waze to work together again.

The vast majority of music apps on the iPhone (Pandora, Slackr, Spotify, TuneIn, SiriusXM, etc.) all seem to be funneled through its iPod interface, making them appear to external systems like your car radio as if you were just playing the iPod in your iPhone. This also allows the iPhone and/or your car to start/stop the music when appropriate output devices are available, as well as the prev/next/play/pause buttons on the external player when available. Waze, however, seems to send its audio differently so that it can "talk over" any music that's playing. There might be some kind of error happening sometimes, maybe involving memory use limits that breaks the background music track's ability to continue when Waze tries to talk. Further this may be either a Waze problem or an Apple problem, or both. Either way, I hope it gets fixed because it's really difficult (read: dangerous) to hard reset an iPhone while driving without pulling over.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by rcoolbaugh
With the 3.7.0.0 release on iPhone 4, ios 6.1.3, the map is not smooth any longer. It makes large jumps in position about every 15 seconds. It is so coarse in updates that it is missing me making turns and frequently recalculates even though I am on the correct route. VERY ANNOYING!

5/31 - Edit ..... I noticed this morning that my speed always reads ZERO MPH, I suspect the GPS isn't updating regularly. Prior to this release the speed was reading correctly.
rcoolbaugh
Send a message
Last edited by rcoolbaugh on Fri May 31, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by robc007
When I tap the Gas category it only shows me prices within 1.0 miles. This is useless. I get better results with a route selected, but that's a lot of effort just to see what the prices are.
robc007
Send a message
Level 3 Traveler

Post by rodrigothomazi
Hey!

I've updated the app and after this I can't use...

"We couldn't retrieve your location. Please make sure your phone's location settings are turned on."

iPad 2 3G 32GB
iOs 6.1.2

Its not my GPS, the Apple Maps and Google Maps works :/

Thanks and sorry for my English :lol:
rodrigothomazi
Send a message

Post by rodrigothomazi
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
rodrigothomazi wrote:I've updated the app and after this I can't use...

"We couldn't retrieve your location. Please make sure your phone's location settings are turned on."
Verify that in Privacy settings that Waze is set to On for Location Services. Each app has its own setting. Not sure how that would get changed...
No, its activated...

I've tried everything, reinstall, reboot, on/off GPS location, etc... Nothing :cry:
rodrigothomazi
Send a message

Post by rodrigothomazi
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
rodrigothomazi wrote:I've tried everything, reinstall, reboot, on/off GPS location, etc... Nothing :cry:
For the "reinstall" did you delete, then reboot, then install from the App Store? If you didn't do the reboot in the middle there, try it. If it still doesn't work, we'll want to turn on debug mode by entering 2##2 into a navigation search and then start Waze again so it can capture debug log data.
Yes... :/

Ok, log sent!

Thanks!
rodrigothomazi
Send a message

Post by rodrigothomazi
rodrigothomazi wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
rodrigothomazi wrote:I've tried everything, reinstall, reboot, on/off GPS location, etc... Nothing :cry:
For the "reinstall" did you delete, then reboot, then install from the App Store? If you didn't do the reboot in the middle there, try it. If it still doesn't work, we'll want to turn on debug mode by entering 2##2 into a navigation search and then start Waze again so it can capture debug log data.
Yes... :/

Ok, log sent!

Thanks!
Ok, I found out what the problem was, I went into SafeMode and found that some JailBreak app was interfering the Waze...

So I figured I'll with app is I'll enter it here to help others who might have the same problem.

Thanks!
rodrigothomazi
Send a message

Post by RTPeat
Couple of bugs so far:

1. If on start up I do a route, then ask it for alternatives and select one of the alternatives the entire route disappears and the TTS says I have arrived at my destination. Works fine if it recalcualtes enroute, only seems to occur if I'm actually sat at the start point.

2. Had a weird problem driving with it last night, suddenly the voice switched from my UK male full navigation voice to a basic US female voice, only way I could switch it back was by restarting.

3. It seems to have started giving a 500ft warning shortly after the 500yd warning on approach to a junction, the 500yd warning is about the right distance but the 500ft is incredibly early.
RTPeat
Send a message