These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I agree and in believe Perlin said the on-map button may get the functionality in the future and the setting un-buried.
If I may chime in, if you tap on a screen you will see "+", "-" and location icon on the right side of the screen. If you click on that, it becomes North-up and stays that way. Even though, actual North-Up function is buried within menu, this is a nice alternative in the mean time. Please see image below.
IMG_2432.PNG
(183.4 KiB) Downloaded 995 times
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
I see, I only tried that function few times. I don't like to use North-up feature that much. ;)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
perlin wrote:
orbitc wrote:If I may chime in, if you tap on a screen you will see "+", "-" and location icon on the right side of the screen. If you click on that, it becomes North-up and stays that way.
IMG_2432.PNG
This button is for the current session only (it won't stick upon reopening the client). The settings button, however, locks it for good (until you choose otherwise).
Wouldn't it be better if this option locks North-up until the driver wants change it? ;)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
RTPeat wrote:
perlin wrote:
RTPeat wrote:Couple of bugs so far:

1. If on start up I do a route, then ask it for alternatives and select one of the alternatives the entire route disappears and the TTS says I have arrived at my destination. Works fine if it recalcualtes enroute, only seems to occur if I'm actually sat at the start point.
Could not reproduce. Maybe you can provide specific steps to reproduce?
Yes, unfortunately it seems intermittent. Happens most consistently if I'm sat outside my home address going to work as Waze always tries to take me a particular route to work whereas the second or third variation it generates is closer to the way I'd usually go, as a result I usually press for alternative routes and pick the alternative. The other factor might be that it sometimes takes a little while for the GPS to settle down when I turn on at home, so Waze is flipping my location between my road and another behind the house, might be a combination of the location flipping around and Waze calculating alternative routes.
RTPeat, based on my personal experience....that happens because your last route wasn't completed fully. Especially, if the last route or destination was your home and that you have a wireless connection. your client tries to pick the stronger connection or known wireless connection that perhaps confuse Waze. I would suggest (if you haven't already) to wait for Waze to end the destination and also make sure to close Waze by choosing the "close" button.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
RTPeat wrote:
orbitc wrote:RTPeat, based on my personal experience....that happens because your last route wasn't completed fully. Especially, if the last route or destination was your home and that you have a wireless connection. your client tries to pick the stronger connection or known wireless connection that perhaps confuse Waze. I would suggest (if you haven't already) to wait for Waze to end the destination and also make sure to close Waze by choosing the "close" button.
I'm pretty scrupulous about using the close button to ensure my drives are uploaded, but certainly picking up the wi-fi at home could be the issue as my phone can pick our wi-fi up from the end of the street at times, and the 3G signal is not all that strong.
Try turning off the Wifi see what happens...
Also, similar issue happened to me few times. I realized that I wasn't closing or waiting for Waze to end the navigation. Since I wasn't quite home yet based on the map or the house number that the navigation wasn't completed. On my next run, the first thing Waze would say is that I arrived at my destination. Once I adjusted address in the editor and close Waze properly, it never happened. Of course, YMMV.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
paulkok_my wrote:
perlin wrote:Hi guys,

The problem with the scoreboard in Malaysia should be fixed now. If you're still experiencing problems, please share.
Perlin, thanks for looking into the problem for the client. :D

Only next thing to fix is Website Scoreboard. I'm still getting the Oops! message
Same here for the web site. (US)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
cjland wrote:On the way to work, I noticed that it was showing a "slow" down on one of the streets in Mission Viejo. It was showing the traffic slowed to "4 MPH"

The issue is that the app is being used by "walkers". There needs to be code in the app that asks (if the speed is < 5 MPH), "are you walking?" (or riding a bike? etc. etc.).

Sort of a bug....but not really. Great app though. Looking forward to getting it integrated in my next car.
Maybe Waze can ignore if GPS shows that the driver/person is not on the road, rather on the side and off the road. Although, It might be difficult since we get bad GPS quite often.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
PhantomSoul wrote:I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but is anyone else having trouble downloading any of the voices for the minimal turn instructions? Mine keeps getting stuck at about 50% and I always eventually get the timeout message of it being unable to download the requested voices.

Worse than that, it now prompts me to try to re-download those voices each time I start Waze up again even though I've selected other voice options. Everytime I retry, it just gets stuck and ends up telling me to try again later.

This seems to happen regardless of whether I'm on LTE or WiFi or if I switch between the two during the download (by, say, driving out of range of my WiFi).
I would recommend deleting Waze and reinstalling it.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by PakcikSyah
The scoreboard show nothing. I cant see my weekly points and and all time country and all countried weekly and all countries all time point. The old version still very much much better in that aspect.
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by PakcikSyah
Is this how the scoreboard look like in ios client?
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments