Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by WeeeZer14
Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
All I know is for one old favorite I had pinned to a main road, I tried to add it to a newly added unnamed parking lot segment. The favorite disappears upon app restart.

I am also parking in a different parking garage since my current one is under construction. Add favorite in new parking area, and gone upon app restart.

Even if I create the favorite and use it to navigate, next time I start the app there isn't even an entry in the history list to show I did anything.

And yes, I was the one who stumbled into this in the past. I guess I like having destinations on un-named roads :) Most are parking lot type if anyone thinks that matters.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)

Post by WeeeZer14
I also wonder if the server's list of favorites (including the ones we have deleted) comes into play or if it is just isolated to the client (which means I probably have a bunch of duplicates from when I have tried to add these favorites!)
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
I noticed something strange on my drive from Knoxville to Nashville last night.

While navigating I noticed a road off to the side of my screen that was recently updated but it wasn't showing its new state on the map. So I did a refresh map of my area. What happened:
- Tiles along my route DISAPPEARED and were displayed blank.
- Tiles off to the side were still visible (not sure if they were updated or not)
- Zooming in and out kept a blank area along the route.
- Active navigation was terminated with no warning.
- Restarting navigation worked fine, but only had a purple line through the nothingness.
- Hazards, traffic, wazers, ads all appeared in the nothingness okay.
- I restarted the app and immediately upon app restart all the map tiles displayed in their updated state.

I was able to reproduce this later in my trip as well. 4 or 5 bars of 3G cell service each time. Day and night modes impacted as well.

So two issues?
1.) Tiles not displaying.
2.) Active navigation being terminated and/or not restarted

Or my phone is just possessed ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Re: new format for route sharing message.
Adding the persons favorite's name to the message for sharing a route is a bad idea.
This really should be a user selectable feature. Personal titles should not be automatically included. Guess its ok for people who use normal favorite names but may get someone in trouble if they have more risky names for their favorites.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Not had one issue with waze since the 3.7 update. Everything works smoothly in my iphone 5. Also Jailbroke it since the update and still works perfectly.
Something else is up with these other people's iPhones
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by YogaInSardinia
When I enter the language as English (iPhone app) there are usually 2 english voices with and american accent and 2 english voices with a UK accent, now when I am in the English language there are 2 english american accents and 2 italian voices, which seems very odd as there is also an Italian language option....why are there italian voices in the english language :roll: .

I have also tried selecting the language English(UK) but both of those are american accents too :evil: .

How can I get the english accent voices back please....no offense meant to anyone, but I really prefer the english male voice with the english accent; I think it was Simon, but I am not sure? :D
YogaInSardinia
Send a message