These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jrnavid
I am doing fine with the update. I drove today with it and the new cosmetic features added a somewhat cleaner interface. No problems with Facebook connectivity. Waze even showed me who was online from my Facebook friends when I was stopped at a light. Very nice update. Im using an iPhone 4S, all current versions.
jrnavid
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Inland Empire, Los Angeles, California
iPhone 5S iOS 7 Sprint

Post by kai-hear
since the update runs on my iPhone, missing new points after 5-7 days of using Waze. Deinstall and new loading the app will fix the problem in the next days before it stops in the next time . In this case the driving distance are not transmitted online.

iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3
kai-hear
Send a message

Post by kjstech
Since this is labeled the "official feedback thread", here is some feedback based on a thread I've created : http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50277

It's distracting how Waze will ask if your driving to work or heading home, and if you click yes, then a second screen comes up where you have to click yes again.

I think both of these screens should be combined into one screen. If it says Heading home, on that very same screen show the routes button and the bar showing potential hazards and ETA. This means you would only have to click yes ONE time. I'm all for less button tapping, more looking at the road. Plus this would be faster and more efficient to have it on one screen, rather than TWO screens which take more time or make the user feel as if it is an 'annoying popup'.

That's my feedback on that.

Then secondly I have a thread here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50887 regarding that Waze (or something) pauses the audio upon re-entering the app. See the thread for the full details how to reproduce the problem. Basically you start a music app, then waze and start a route. You make a pitstop and pull the 3.5mm jack out of the phone and take it into the store with you. When you return to the car and plug in the jack again to the stereo, you unpause the music and as soon as you fire up Waze it causes the music to fade out and pause again. I'm not sure if this is a bug in IOS, the particular music app (Slacker, Sirius XM, Pandora), or Waze... but the commonality is as soon as Waze comes into view the music stops. The workaround is when you get to your stop, close Waze from it's turn off menu. Then when you return to the car, fire up music then fire up Waze, you can continue your route without the music switching off. I wonder if it has to do with IOS though because when you pull the 3.5 mm jack out, it senses it and auto pauses the music. This is a key step to reproducing the problem, because if you leave the jack plugged in, you can multi-task between other apps and Waze all day long and the music does not auto pause when Waze comes back into view.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by Kuhlkatz
sketch wrote:We're hardly "ripping it to shreds". This is a thread for reporting bugs, and that's a bug.
The exact same app on the same phone hardware with a different OS does not seem to have the same problem. If the OS renders some graphics differently this is likely not a Waze-only issue, as there were likely changes to the default behavior in APIs.

The question is, should this really be seen as a Waze problem as iOS itself is only a beta?
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by kweeheng
perlin wrote:Hi guys,

How many of you have experienced (purple) street labels blinking?
Any information regarding this problem will be helpful - does it happen on day/night mode (or both)? Does it happen on start or a few min into the route? Does it happen randomly or after doing something (like rerouting, reporting, etc.).

Thanks!
Encountered twice so far. First was last week & second at today (10 June 0800 GMT+8), have sent the log right after the second incident

Both happened about the same time, it was night mode & about to switch to day mode (auto mode on). The blinking actually caused by the street names around being displayed and disappeared interchangeably.
kweeheng
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.png

Country Manager: Malaysia
Area Manager: Klang / Port Klang / Kapar
Malaysia Waze Facebook Group
Waze Borneo Facebook

Post by lividgabo
On v3.7.0, ip4s, my search settings keep reverting back to phone book only (unable to search using bing,four square,fb etc) when navigating.ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it brought foursquare and the others back but after a few dayS it reverted back to phone book search only. Help pls. Is this just a setting issue? I've looked at my settings extensively but couldn't figure it out
lividgabo
Send a message

Post by lopaolo69
Since I've installed the last release, the client is crashed without my permission.
No crash logs sent automatically but I sent them after reloaded it.
Is it a iphone bug or what else?

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Machete808
I trust others to highlight the bugs with features. My main hope was that the routing in this version would be stable, without all this hovering, misidentifying the GPS location, routing on side roads, etc.

So far, so good!
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by markk655
iphone 5, iOS 6.1.4. Waze 3.7. Updated from the previous version on Waze via the iOS store. Now, Waze frequently crashes at startup. I don't even get to choose a destination via navigate. It seems to happen predominantly when there are traffic alerts.
markk655
Send a message

Post by markk655
Updating my previous post...

US based, iphone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Waze 3.7. App crashes when it originally is launched AND there are reports that come in. If there are no reports (for example late at night or on the weekend), Waze launches and navigates fine.
markk655
Send a message