I noticed something strange on my drive from Knoxville to Nashville last night.
While navigating I noticed a road off to the side of my screen that was recently updated but it wasn't showing its new state on the map. So I did a refresh map of my area. What happened:
- Tiles along my route DISAPPEARED and were displayed blank.
- Tiles off to the side were still visible (not sure if they were updated or not)
- Zooming in and out kept a blank area along the route.
- Active navigation was terminated with no warning.
- Restarting navigation worked fine, but only had a purple line through the nothingness.
- Hazards, traffic, wazers, ads all appeared in the nothingness okay.
- I restarted the app and immediately upon app restart all the map tiles displayed in their updated state.
I was able to reproduce this later in my trip as well. 4 or 5 bars of 3G cell service each time. Day and night modes impacted as well.
So two issues?
1.) Tiles not displaying.
2.) Active navigation being terminated and/or not restarted
Or my phone is just possessed