iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby unlimitedsounds » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm

sketch wrote:Do you remember where this happened on the map? Sometimes, when a segment on the map is not named, Waze will display the name of the next named segment on the route, or the last named segment if there are no named segments remaining, but won't speak a name at all.

what do you mean by not named? it showed all the street names on the Top left but didn't announce the name. in 3.6 it did. this is trout road in 08012
unlimitedsounds

Postby unlimitedsounds » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:36 pm

sketch wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:this is trout road in 08012

Ah, here?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-75.01 ... TTTFTTTTFT

I would bet the problem is that Hidden Dr and Trout Rd have the same endpoints. This can cause problems with navigation.

I will leave it like this long enough for you to see it, but I'll fix it afterwards.

When you have a loop like that, where both ends connect to the same segment, navigation can become problematic. The solution is to introduce an "extra" node into Hidden Dr (or Trout Rd) so that no two segments have the same two endpoints.

it also didn't know exactly house was and 3.6 did
unlimitedsounds

Postby unlimitedsounds » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:05 am

so how do we fix?
unlimitedsounds

Postby unlimitedsounds » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:38 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:so how do we fix?

Whenever you install a new version, Waze downloads a new voice file for TTS. A while back, there was an issue that if you switched from Wifi to 3G/4G while this file was downloading, it would get corrupted. This is pretty easy to happen, because it would do this download the first time you ran Waze...often in your driveway or just outside your office, still on Wifi...then you drive away while the file is still downloading, and lose the Wifi connection, and now you have a corrupted file.

Try uninstalling Waze and then re-installing. That might take care of it.

Beware that you're going to have to redo all your settings when you reinstall.

already did that and same tts issues
unlimitedsounds

Postby vickimachado » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:22 am

I trust others to highlight the bugs with features. My main hope was that the routing in this version would be stable, without all this hovering, misidentifying the GPS location, routing on side roads, etc.

So far, so good!
Area manager, Hawaii
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.2
vickimachado

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Is it just me or is the issue with having (3+?) favorites on un-named streets back? Sorry in advance if I missed someone else mentioning it.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm

All I know is for one old favorite I had pinned to a main road, I tried to add it to a newly added unnamed parking lot segment. The favorite disappears upon app restart.

I am also parking in a different parking garage since my current one is under construction. Add favorite in new parking area, and gone upon app restart.

Even if I create the favorite and use it to navigate, next time I start the app there isn't even an entry in the history list to show I did anything.

And yes, I was the one who stumbled into this in the past. I guess I like having destinations on un-named roads :) Most are parking lot type if anyone thinks that matters.
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm

I also wonder if the server's list of favorites (including the ones we have deleted) comes into play or if it is just isolated to the client (which means I probably have a bunch of duplicates from when I have tried to add these favorites!)
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:25 pm

I noticed something strange on my drive from Knoxville to Nashville last night.

While navigating I noticed a road off to the side of my screen that was recently updated but it wasn't showing its new state on the map. So I did a refresh map of my area. What happened:
- Tiles along my route DISAPPEARED and were displayed blank.
- Tiles off to the side were still visible (not sure if they were updated or not)
- Zooming in and out kept a blank area along the route.
- Active navigation was terminated with no warning.
- Restarting navigation worked fine, but only had a purple line through the nothingness.
- Hazards, traffic, wazers, ads all appeared in the nothingness okay.
- I restarted the app and immediately upon app restart all the map tiles displayed in their updated state.

I was able to reproduce this later in my trip as well. 4 or 5 bars of 3G cell service each time. Day and night modes impacted as well.

So two issues?
1.) Tiles not displaying.
2.) Active navigation being terminated and/or not restarted

Or my phone is just possessed ;)
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby world_n2iyhb4v » Thu May 30, 2013 11:50 pm

I just updated Waze on the iOS to the latest version and I'm experiencing these problems: (1) Facebook refuses to connect but Waze keeps on reconnecting anyway. I tried disconnecting from Facebook but I'm getting nagged by the dialog that Waze can't connect to Facebook. After a dozen attempts, I was able to disconnect it and the nagging stopped. (2) Waze keeps on refreshing the map every second displaying a set of street names one time and a different set the other time. Anyone else who's experiencing these bugs?
world_n2iyhb4v

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App