Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Cirne
Newmaniac wrote:
VernL4 wrote:
sailbum105 wrote:Android Version 3.7.0.0
Navigation crashes app
Rebooted handset, no effect

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android 4.2.2

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Same for me- touching the "navigate" button crashes Waze.

Sony TL
Android 4.1.2
same here. Touching the navigate icon causes the app to crash. Motorola RAZR.

workaround is to find your destination on the map. tap and hold. Use popup label to set as destination.
Adding a data point, crash on Navigate using HTC Doubleshot, Android 2.3.4, stock kernel, rooted. Used 3.6 to enable debug mode, logs sent.
Cirne
Send a message

Post by crewbrew
Ever since 3.6, getting a lot of network errors, especially when updating gas prices where clusters of gas stations exist. Also getting no map displays. I suspected a network error in general but none of my other programs are experiencing problems in my area. It seems specific to Waze and the NE corner of the US. Any suggestions?
crewbrew
Send a message

Post by Daknife
aquades wrote:Файл пакета подписан неверно. - ошибка при установке приложения! Waze не устанавливается.
HTC desire android 2.2.2

File package signed incorrectly. - An error when installing the application! Waze is not installed.
HTC desire android 2.2.2
Try and install again, this just means it didn't download correctly. If it continues to give this error, delete the prior version and reinstall new.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Haven't really tried to play with it much yet, but when I saw the announcement on FB, the majority of comments were complaining about too much emphasis on FB friends crapola and not enough on actual navigation features like multiple vehicle types, speed limits etc...

The social aspect is a key component but FB isn't really part of that key, and Waze must not forget the real key component and that is Navigation aids, not friend aids.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
If a regular delete doesn't work, you need to uninstall (already done I realize at this point), then using a file manager go in and delete the remaining data folders, there is a corrupted file in there somewhere that is blocking the download.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Okay, now that I've had a chance to use it. I keep the theme set to night as it uses less juice that way. With the new version the "Next turn" bar at the top of the screen appears to have grown back towards the using a 3rd of the screen (not quite but more than a 4th) and is now opaque again. It was the first thing I noticed different when I fired it up. When you get close to the destination that bar pops up as well, it's still translucent but the two bars together took up nearly the top half of the screen (I use it in landscape mode rather than portrait.

This needs to be fixed again. It was annoying when 3.6 came out, then they fixed it, but now it's back to annoying, make it smaller and translucent. I did try the foursquare check-in and that was convenient. As others have noted the FB friends object is just a waste of space covering up map real estate, I wouldn't mind giving up that real estate for a speedometer but not for a a useless counter showing zero friends, heck it could show all 300+ friends I have on FB and it would still be worthless.

But the biggest problem I have is the navigation bar again being annoyingly big and opaque.

Device and OS are in my sig.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
OMyMyOHellYes wrote:No way to select a T-Rex mood..... Is greyed out and won't let me pick it.

OMyMyOHellYes
Did you bother to read the posts about the new moods, you have to be a lv 5 editor to get that one. These new moods are restricted as a reward to sr. editors.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by davidaditya
This newest version causes my waze to keep on crashing. Any solution? I tried uninstalling & installing it back already.
davidaditya
Send a message

Post by deleteFL
I'm a fairly regular map editor, yet I can't select any of the new moods. After how many edits, or at what level of editor, are these available for use?

EDIT: I see elsewhere that this is for level 3-5 editors only. Oh well.
deleteFL
Send a message
Last edited by deleteFL on Fri May 31, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by DonRadlauer
I had a Tasker script working beautifully to shut down Waze 3.6 automatically when I turn GPS off, using a "send intent" of com.waze.CloseIntent. This shutdown method is broken or missing in 3.7; has it been replaced by something else, is there a bug, or has someone at Waze decided to remove the feature?

In any case, I'd love to have it back!
DonRadlauer
Send a message