crewbrew wrote:Ever since 3.6, getting a lot of network errors, especially when updating gas prices where clusters of gas stations exist. Also getting no map displays. I suspected a network error in general but none of my other programs are experiencing problems in my area. It seems specific to Waze and the NE corner of the US. Any suggestions?
Hey, Same here in Brazil, with OI network... I mean, I set a new city as destination, to go through a state highway I never had gone before (I am an area manager and now I will try to align ALL the state highways)... Where I live I have 3G network, then I start the "journey" going to a major highway in order to reach the state highway (where THERE IS NO CELL TOWER)... Of course, with no connection, waze looses it and start searching for network... but after that (with Waze turned on all the time) I return to home, where the 3G is ok, but WAZE does not connect anymore, no way!!!
It seems that waze tries to find the original cell tower and does not release the DNS or IP or something like that .
This behavior remindes me a bug in Windows when my notebook tries to connect to same IP that is already been taken by my cell phone, which causes an IP conflict... i have to use CMD command, then IPCONFIG /RENEW to get a new IP and fix the problem...
I spent time, money (gas) and the place I drove is not recognized because waze fails to send the gps cache/log to server!
This behavior has been seen at LG P880 (Optimus 4X HD) ICS stock (with root) and at Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Plus (P6200L, Honeycomb stock with root). The network setup in both devices are the same: auto 3G/2G enabled and Automactically find the operator (sorry If I did not wrote anything right, I speak brazilian portuguese).