These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

groups: 'nearby' not working

Post by sci60708
Hi,
I'm in Singapore, for the past few days groups had been working well. I could see groups created for Malaysia, Thailand, Japan and Australia ... just yesterday when i looked at 'nearby' i strangely only see norwegian groups and european group which are half a world away.

Even 'popular' doesn't work, the singapore wazers group is 46 strong but it show other groups from other regions which has 1 or 2 members. Seems like a reset occur or something, now new groups created in region nearby are starting to show .... the old groups cannot be seen unless searched.
sci60708

POSTER_ID:369347

Send a message

Post by hodgetts
I saw the same yesterday - I'm in the UK but most of my "nearby" groups were in France or further away.

One other thing puzzles me - I created a couple of groups when I upgraded to Waze 2.0.0.0 but I now realise that I was on holiday away from my home area when they were created. How does Waze decide what is "local" in the first place?
hodgetts
Send a message
UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by hodgetts
Thanks very much for the update. Is it possible to give some information on my other question that was in my post?

I created a couple of groups when I upgraded to Waze 2.0.0.0 but I now realise that I was on holiday away from my home area when they were created. How does Waze decide what is "local"?
hodgetts
Send a message
UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by The Fej
Should be OK now - we had some search glitch but now it should be OK. Please recheck.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Regarding the 'local' it is related to the place where you created it as the assumption is that it is relevant to the area.
If there is a need to 'move it', while we do want to enable the capability to the group creator, currently it is not possible, so we will have to do it manually.
Drop us a note at alpha@waze.com and tell us what and where to move and we will do it.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message