Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Speedo display

Postby grnspeed » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 pm

The speedometer display is partially hidden behind the Report button on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
Attachments
2013-06-22 12.17.44.png
(104.7 KiB) Downloaded 2232 times
grnspeed

Report Screen does not stay at report location

Postby chriducci » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Here's a problem, or annoyance, in 3.7.2. (Using HTC 4G LTE phone, Android ICS).
When I go to Reports and select a report to view on the map, the site of the report displays on the screen (highlighted, in the new version, which is a nice touch). But then when I touch the screen to see the area of the report, the map immediately goes back to my current location. Sometimes (not always), I can touch the screen with 2 fingers and hold, then it stays at the report location. This does not work nearly as well as it did before the fancy update with the highlighted report. If I had a choice, I would take a function that works correctly, over one that looks pretty.
Anybody else have this problem? Any fix in the works?
chriducci

Re: Sv: Android v3.7.1 Official Feedback Thread

Postby rkoo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Still not fixed the 1080p resolution.
rkoo

Re: Inaccurate distances in Alerts.

Postby uh1driver » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 pm

jimstriple wrote:When getting alerts (e.g. "Watch out; Car stopped on shoulder ahead") the distance given (in feet) is wildly short. It seems that the distance are very close to meters rather than feet. This is not a show stopper once used to it, since it is easy enough to compensate, but very annoying.

Android v3.7.2
Motorola Droid Razr w/ Android 4.1.2

Same issue exists on Galaxy S4 (Android 4.2.2). I have heard there are issues with the GPS API on the S4. The ratio is off almost exactly 3:1. Last night I got an alert about a hazard 1800ft away, and verified with the car odometer that I drove 1 mile before reaching the hazard. Perhaps this is a units problem and should either be meters or yards, rather than feet.
uh1driver

Re: Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby zigaar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:03 am

monita_rb wrote:I have a Galaxy Young, Android 4.1.
I been having the same problem since around a month ago: Waze closes by itself, seconds after being launched.
The only thing that I get to see is a piece of map (???) with the sign "big". But only for a few seconds... After that, it closes, no error message or anything!
I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing but no good.
People on forums with the same problem have found that the only workaround is to install the previous version... I find this unbelievable..
Help!

I'm having the same problem and had to downgrade.

Does anyone know if this bug is logged somewhere as it is quite critical?
zigaar

Postby zigaar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:57 am

Dzzydvl wrote:I downloaded Waze 3.7.2 yesterday and started using it. When I'm on wifi, Waze starts up fine but when I'm connected to 3G, Waze would open, display the splash screen, display a blank map with "Big" on it, display the map and promptly force close itself. This would happen repeatedly.

I'm using Nexus 4 with Android 4.3

Are you sure you're getting GPS signal (in other words, can your phone locate you) ?
zigaar

Postby Dzzydvl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 am

I downloaded Waze 3.7.2 yesterday and started using it. When I'm on wifi, Waze starts up fine but when I'm connected to 3G, Waze would open, display the splash screen, display a blank map with "Big" on it, display the map and promptly force close itself. This would happen repeatedly.

I'm using Nexus 4 with Android 4.3
Dzzydvl

Postby superhuman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:30 am

Map jumps on Android Client:

Whether I'm navigating or simply have the map open, then map keeps on jumping "forwards" and "backwards". The car (user/me) stays on the same spot on the map (so it's not GPS location inconsistency), but not on the screen.

Solution: Clearing cache and deleting all data from Apps Manager. Not ideal, since you have to download all maps and re-login. (Redownloading maps from in-app menu doesn't solve it.)

Does anyone know what this is? Maybe a corrupt cache on the device?
superhuman

Postby CBenson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Superfraggle wrote:
brucebarnes wrote:Waze fails to send the traffic report when it is triggered by the alert caused by the car slowing down.

It generates 2 pop up messages:
Uh-oh can't send report
Uh-Oh Can't get Alert Position

Manually resending the traffic report works.
Samsung S3 Android 4.1.1 Waze 3.7.2.0

It is likely an issue that the location is not initialized by the alert trigger

I get this all the time to. Keep meaning to check the beta forum to check if it's a known big or not

It is. See Bug-0595.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 am

usa_fpdk1bex wrote: My trip to DC started on Monday and I came back on Thursday.
AndyPoms wrote:Also remember, the week runs Monday -> Sunday it is not a running total over 7 days.

Sometimes it also happens, that particular drives do get processed with a few days' delay, especially during some outages (best to look into the editor, which are already listed there). It can then happen, that these drives will be counted towards the next week.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze App