Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Koekiemie
I don't know if this is a bug or just a feeling...

For some weeks now I don't see any traffic colours on a specific part of my road to work although there is traffic reported by other Wazers (bubbles). There is also no average speed shown.
When I arrive at the traffic location, I report the traffic again, but no changes are made to the road colour.

Is this a road related problem? Or is it a device or OS related problem?
I've searched this toppic, but couldn't find anything like this.

Thanks!
KoekieMie

Road: A12 between Boom and connection to R0 direction Namur (Belgium).
Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
Koekiemie
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
The first thing to try would be under phone Settings, Apps & selecting Waze from the list. Select Clear Data and verify that you want to delete the app data. If it's corrupt data files, this should allow you to start Waze.
It's also one of the first options to try if you get 'Searching Network' messages, or if your Location Services does not seem to get a GPS fix after upgrades.

I'm not sure if this is somehow related to available storage, but I had similar issues with switching between the Beta releases and the Play Store versions.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
FlashBuddy wrote:Wouldn't more than 1 report be needed to effect a color change. Would such a global change be left to the whim of one Wazer?
Colour changes are not the result of user reports. It is the back end servers that does this based on actual current user speeds from the segments they traverse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
Is it considered an app problem if the drive it depends on is not yet mounted by the OS, especially if it's config is stored on there.
Somehow I don't think so.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Letalis
Im having trouble that I cant see created roads from the phone on the editor.

For some reason it seems like I have 2 accounts on Waze or something like that.
Letalis
Send a message

Post by lkc3
Navigation is not working, I lost my favorites and there is blank search results when trying to get an address. The additional odd thing is that is will ask if I am traveling to one of my favorites and navigate to it but it does not list in my favorites.
lkc3
Send a message

Post by mangkubumi
after updating to the latest version of waze from play store my waze is crashing everytime i start the application. unfortunately i'm not yet register yet as waze member, so my favourite was not backed up to waze server. i already copy my waze folder on android hoping that maybe i can restore the favourite poi, but i dont know how to restore it. Now i already installed the lower version of waze and its runs well. but my favourite poi all gone. is there any way to restore my favourite poi back? i need advice please, sorry for bad english....

regards
kris
mangkubumi
Send a message

Post by Matt_Hossan
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4. Waze starts up just fine, and navigates fine, however after I click the "Report" button to report an Accident, cop, traffic etc, after closing the report pop up, My map goes black.. (not like night mode where you can still see the road, completely black). When I click the report pop up again the map shows up again (with the report pop up blocking 1/2 the screen of course) then when I close it again...Map goes black. This bug makes the app completely useless.

Samsung Galaxy S4
Verizon
Matt_Hossan
Send a message

Post by matteppi
crypti wrote:Phone: Huawei G615
Android: 4.0.4
Language: German
Official Waze 3.7.2 version from Playstore

Font problem on Huawei G615 (1280 x 720 resolution). Nearly all street- and city-names are displayed incorrectly (a lot of unreadable /multiple drawn characters). Seems to be the same bug that was fixed previously for Galaxy S4.
When using german language on interface the "About Waze" leads to an "Website not available" screen: file:///android_assets/SD/about.html?rtserver-id=4
Gas Prize editing crashes Waze App, when entering prices for Super Plus 98 Gas on my Huawei.
When Activating Speed display, a part of the Speed display is additionally drawn over the arrow / car symbol, so sometimes you can't see the current location of your car correctly.
Sometimes I have ghost-cars on my map (maybe this is caused by the font problem for road numbers ).
Same problem here, with 4.1
matteppi
Send a message

Post by maxgajo
Hi, I cannot create the route on the long trip (350Kms). It says that the server had a problem creating that route. Is it me or what?

Thanks!!! :)
maxgajo
Send a message