Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by fveggerby
First map problem report.
On the point scoreboard.

I can't seem to get that activated. :(

I'm pretty sure the app poped up at some point, telling me I reported a map problem by automatic.
I tried manually reporting, pave road, and other stuff I could think off.

But no joy, still it remains.

Yes I have noticed that some things are quite a long time getting updated, but I made the first report a long time ago.
fveggerby
Send a message

Post by gielpa
Hi there,

It seems to be some network connection issues when upgrading/installing 3.7.2.0 on HTC Wildfire, Android 2.2.1

See what I have reported here http://wiki.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... f0#p466304

In the while I have downgraded to 3.5 again.

I look forward to having a patch ASAP.

Thanks in advance
G.
gielpa
Send a message

Post by GlenTennis
lkc3 wrote:Navigation is not working, I lost my favorites and there is blank search results when trying to get an address. The additional odd thing is that is will ask if I am traveling to one of my favorites and navigate to it but it does not list in my favorites.
I'm afraid I have this problem as well after the latest update. No results are found when entering an address, nor when attempting to find a destination via "categories." My home and work locations were also lost, and I can't re-enter them due to the problem with finding addresses. There is no way to set a destination in the app. Here are two screenshots I took of attempting to find a destination via categories or manually entering an address:

The screen never changes from this until I go back to the map screen.
edit: This is a Droid X2 running Android 2.3.7.
GlenTennis
Send a message

Post by grnspeed
The speedometer display is partially hidden behind the Report button on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
grnspeed
Send a message
Attachments

Post by gssuter
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I dock it in my vehicle. I had been letting it give commands through the vehicles speakers but today I tried listening to the radio and turning on the setting for Waze to use the phones speaker. I noticed when I did this it stopped giving distances to turns. Then I left the Waze setting alone but had the phone play music through the car speakers. Waze would pause the music to give a command but there would be a long silence (where it would normally be giving distance information) and then it would give the turn direction and street name.
gssuter
Send a message

Post by hmarian
When upgrading to newer version, the App isn't saving the previous Units and always revert back to "Mile" for those who were on "Km".
This was noticed when I upgraded from 3.6 to 3.7.0 to 3.7.1 and today to 3.7.2.
Not a big issue, but something that could make the upgrade even smoother for those on the metric system.

Cheers,
Hagay.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by HomeAkron
planning route from ohio to indiana and i get "routing server internal error". the "error" goes away once i have gotten onto a freeway or highway nearby. i dont have the problem with simple intra state routes? any help or ideas? :?:
HomeAkron
Send a message

Post by HuckD
Has this problem been fixed yet? It's time to upgrade my Droid Bionic and was looking at the Galaxy S4 but will reject it if this is still the case.

Xiltch wrote:I am sure it has been reported but hopefully the more reports the more weight it might carry.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the layout is not right some elements overlap each other and the z-order needs reviewing.

When Alerts or Popups need the highest z-order in order to make it possible to close them during navigation. I was unable to close a notification that came up because it was behind the next turn dialog.

The other issue is the poor placement of the elements when using different orientation (of which landscape is the one i use while driving)
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by HuckD
I assume by "above mentioned device" you're talking of the Galaxy S4. Humm, not good. I think I'm going to wait for a while.

Thanks for the info.

joostboers wrote:Hi - I experience a battery drain on the above mentioned device (on Ice Cream Sandwich), as well as regular crashes/ delays (especially when there's even a slight background data activity of other apps like Gmail or Facebook - they are not open at the same time).

Also the battery seems to drain or at least not to charge when on the charger during the drive. I often drive and use Waze for drives of about an hour - on the charger I'd expect the battery getting charged quite a bit even when using the satnav (which was the case before, even on a smaller Android phone).

Thank you for looking into this! More people have this issue (see Facebook comments on posts).

(I had posted this in the feature request thread however this also could be considered as a bug. I didn't in first instance)
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by iainwillis
All sounds are coming out garbled on my HTC One. Each phrase seems to be repeated twice, once clearly, the second really faint and garbled.

Using version 3.7.2.0.
iainwillis
Send a message