These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by a4bolek
zorkus wrote:Waze 3.7.2
SGSII, Android 2.3

Waze loses all settings and makes me to reenter login information and all the configuration after reboot.

To reproduce (android message texts may differ, translated from polish):
1. Start and configure waze
2. Press and hold "turn off" button on device when waze is running.
3. Select "turn off" option
4. Click "OK" when message box "Phone will be turned off" appears.
5. Start phone, run waze.

Waze will show "initializing" and start as if it was not configured at all. It looks like waze cannot save configuration when killed by Android during shutdown process.

This is really annoying because I have to occasionally restart device when GPS cannot fix on satellites and I often forgot to exit waze before that. Configuring waze when driving is no fun at all....
Why would you do such thing? That's like pulling cord out off the wall while Windoze is doing updates. Try to exit Waze in normal fashion. Press Menu then Switch Off. That gives application a chance to finish writing to storage your last configuration, position and such.

Consider updating your SGSII to Android 4.2.2.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
zorkus wrote:
Configuration should be written when changed, not on exit. Corrupted last position and other realtime data should not cause configuration corruption.

This bug appears when 3.7 was introduced. Earlier versions were ok.
Agreed. Try to check permissions on /waze folder. It should be -drw. If that looks good try to do "clean install". Delete cache, delete data, uninstall waze, delete /waze folder, reboot the phone and install again from Play Store.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
ncc1701v wrote:
a4bolek wrote:
zorkus wrote:This is really annoying because I have to occasionally restart device when GPS cannot fix on satellites and I often forgot to exit waze before that. Configuring waze when driving is no fun at all....
Why would you do such thing? That's like pulling cord out off the wall while Windoze is doing updates. Try to exit Waze in normal fashion. Press Menu then Switch Off. That gives application a chance to finish writing to storage your last configuration, position and such.

Consider updating your SGSII to Android 4.2.2.
I have a (relatively old) Galaxy Nexus on 4.2.2 and I see the same thing. Sometimes I reboot because wifi gets jammed. I think it's some software I put on it but who knows what. Anyway, an upgrade to 4.2.2 is not the essential fix.
Yes, upgrade to 4.2.2 is not essential for Waze to work. However "Project Butter" makes two year old GSII fly. It is like new device. Well worth the upgrade.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
alanmv567 wrote:Anyone else getting waze crashing when getting to a stop? I'm on 4.1.2 for my S2. Also it crashes when trying to access the scoreboard for my waze
I am not here to defend Waze. Application should gracefully display error or at least some message about the problem.

When you are at the stop Waze tries to feed you traffic report, paid ad or something else that depends on web connectivity. Since your device is not well connected Waze just crashes. Scoreboard is another thing that needs web connection.

Check your APN settings. Make sure it is correct for your provider. See if your default browser can connect to https://www.waze.com/dashboard/
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
ssheikh1 wrote:I am sad to switch from iphone5 to HTC One because I am a waze lover and I have been using waze on Iphone5 for many months. Now i Just converted to HTC One M7 and Waze experience on this phone sucks. I don't know whether it is this specific phone or just Android in General. I was actually hoping that it would look nicer on the the bigger screen real estate of HTC one compared to iphone 5

1) The Font size for street names is so small that it is un-readable when phone is mounted on the windsheild and so are the icons.
2) The iphone app has this feature in setting "Prefer Bluetooh" which would send the voice prompts over the my car's audio when connected with bluetooh. This works really nice on iPhone even when i am listening to satellite radio, the prompts automatically take the precedence and interrupt the radio and once done the radio is back on. There is no such option on HTC one Android app. And it is a big bummer....

So please please please... take care of the two above things in the next release.

Please share if anyone else agrees with me. I would like to know i am not going crazy or something.

Thanks.
If you have taken time to read through this thread from post 1 most of the answers would show up.

Waze was developed by 20 year olds for 20 year olds. If you fall anyway outside this age bracket you are SOFL.

Take some time and search this forum with keyword "1080p"
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
huckd wrote:Has this problem been fixed yet? It's time to upgrade my Droid Bionic and was looking at the Galaxy S4 but will reject it if this is still the case.

Xiltch wrote:I am sure it has been reported but hopefully the more reports the more weight it might carry.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the layout is not right some elements overlap each other and the z-order needs reviewing.

When Alerts or Popups need the highest z-order in order to make it possible to close them during navigation. I was unable to close a notification that came up because it was behind the next turn dialog.

The other issue is the poor placement of the elements when using different orientation (of which landscape is the one i use while driving)
Changes are coming to all 1080p devices. Not perfect but workable. Just hang on for a few days.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by absolut86550
spookyx wrote:on my S4 it seems fine, except for the map controls, speedometer which are too smal and sometimes hiddent by the menu/report button.
:)
My first post here, using waze since 2 years, first on galaxy S2, then on galaxy S3 and now on Galaxy S4.
I found the same issues, speedometer quite small, and hidden by report button.
Can it be fixed ?
absolut86550
Send a message

Post by alanmv567
Anyone else getting waze crashing when getting to a stop? I'm on 4.1.2 for my S2. Also it crashes when trying to access the scoreboard for my waze
alanmv567
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
smboards wrote:Still no pop-ups of nearby alerts when standstill. I really really miss this feature that disappeared in 3.6...
Popups do happen, but are much more limited. Read the Announcement I posted in this forum. It mentioned v3.6 in the subject.
smboards wrote:I think that it is not app error as such (I suspect mapping service) but still worth mentioning - suggestions of auto-learned routes erratic at best. Seems like the app or service has no understanding of actual time-of-day (autosuggests going to Work at evening etc).
Just clarifying: Waze doesn't learn routes, it learns frequent destinations. It usually works fine for me, including routing me to a coffee shop only on Fridays when I go there. It used to prompt me for church on Sunday mornings, too. Of course, as with anything, something could be currently "going wrong" with this feature.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
smboards wrote:Yes I am familiar with Announcement "Waze app v3.6 popups and event radius notification". No, it does NOT work this way. No popups appear, ever. Not 4 of them, not in radius of 10km, not on my route. In 3.6 it looked like Waze tries to show them, zooming screen out briefly, but no popup. That was know bug for Android app. In 3.7.x even the zoomout does not happen, absolutely no activity while standstill even if there are loads of alerts in less than 5km radius.
Despite what Waze has stated and what that thread I posted regurgitates, I believe that the stopped pop-ups only display for Friends online, ads, and only alerts on-route will appear ever, and no alerts will pop up ever if you aren't routing. I rarely drive without a route, so I'll test this later.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ