These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Poopstick
perlin wrote:
Poopstick wrote:The pre 3.7.1 beta worked well for me but the last Google Play version keeps crashing very often, just like the 3.7.0.

It happens on scoreboard or while scrolling on the map.

Logs sent, Nexus 4 on the latest stock JB.

Plenty of similar reports on the french speaking forum.
Did you try a clean installation?
I just did it. At first it seemed to work better, but crashes occurred again. Looks like it now happens when you zoom in (3d view) on an area with is not already cached.

2 logs sent at 18.22 gmt +1.
Poopstick
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by PrimordialRadioListener
The following doesn't link to another page of the application:

Menu -> My Waze -> Scoreboard -> Your Points

When I press the button above it highlights as if it has selected but doesn't take me through to a break down of my points.
PrimordialRadioListener
Send a message

Post by puzia
Waze 3.7.2.0
Andoid 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy Note

App crashes, when i try start app, crash again.
Waze starting only after deleting "session" file.
puzia
Send a message

Post by rkoo
Still not fixed the 1080p resolution.
rkoo
Send a message

Post by RockyRogue
it pops up at random sometimes when i'm not waving . i've never got it to work on purpose .
RockyRogue
Send a message

Post by RoyaltyWoody
Recently updated my phone (global HTC One) to Android 4.2.2 and since then Waze isn't working properly. I thought it was a problem with the Android upgrade, but when I tested it with Google's navigation everything worked fine.

The symptom is:
TTS "hiccups" or "stutters" or "hesitates" mid-word, but only on "transition" words. All the key words are correct (direction, distance, street names). It's only the "filler" words that make the directions fluid and conversational English that get chopped.

For example, instead of saying "Take a Left..." it will say "T... ake a Left..." or instead of "Exit..." it will say "Ex... t..."

I have another (Sprint) HTC One that's still on Android 4.1.2 and it's still working fine with Waze.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Waze several times, including clearing out cache/history, etc.

The fact that it was only after upgrading Android led me to initially believe it was Android's/HTC's "fault". But then when the other navigator worked fine, that pointed back to a challenge with Waze.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there something else I can do to remedy it with my device? Or is there some (hopefully relatively simple) re-coding that Waze can do to clear this up?
RoyaltyWoody
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by rrubin19in
I have noticed the same issue with the application not recalculating. However, I have a more general observation that I hope others can either help me with.

I am a professional Chauffeur and have been an avid WAZE user for more than a year (Currently have a Royalty ranking and ranked 470 among users). In the past three months and two significant revisions I have noticed a tremendous decline in both availability, accuracy and general usefulness of the application. I have been a major advocate of the application because it simply worked.

However, in the past three months it has more often NOT worked. First, in April the update crashed consistently until a new revision, I think 3.1.6.0 (I have an Android OS on my phone.) I live in the NYC Metro area and there are always several thousand users within my area active, so the application should work wonderfully, which it had for the previous year. But now, the route identified often is just plain wrong. Frequently circuitous adding both mileage and time to travel.

The alternate routing feature is basically useless now. More often than not, (approximately 65% of the time) I get a pop-up stating 'no server can be found'. I have 3G on Verizon and in NYC there are ALWAYS 5 bars of signal. Secondly when it Does actually attempt to find an alternate it recommends utter nonsense. As example, going from JFK Airport to LaGuardia Airport. Typically one of two routes can be used with two possible side roads. (In the past the system would identify three of those four options 95% of the time.) Now the system will select a single route, frequently none of the above, and when it does try to find an alternate it tells me 'no alternate route could be found'. I re-entered the request and it then informed me to drive across the city and through New Jersey and over two other bridges adding 87 miles and 2 1/2 hours for an alternate. In other words utter nonsense.

Whatever was done to the routing algorithms since March of 2013, undo them and revert back to the ones that actually worked.

Thank you
rrubin19in
rrubin19in
Send a message

Post by rrubin19in
Alan, None of those options changed
rrubin19in
Send a message

Post by rrubin19in
I have tried that as well and the results were even more bizarre. I am beginning to wonder if the application and algorithm might have reached an uppermost limit of capacity. I mean in my 10KM radius there are over 5000 users typically. So I am wondering if there are simply too many inputs and variables for the application to process.
I am not giving up on the application and I am sure that if there is something wrong with the basic alternative routing it will be fixed. I am sure the execs don't want to mess up the $ billion deal they have pending
rrubin19in
Send a message

Post by saabdeep
I cannot upgrade to the newest version either. I've tried from the play app on the phone, and the web version of Google Play. The apk seems to download fine each time, but when it tries to install it reboots the phone every time and never updates.

HTC Incredible 2
Gingerbread 2.3.4 (rooted)
saabdeep
Send a message