Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by iancc09
Waze keeps on crashing a few minutes after the app is opened. It's unusable for me atm, using Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. Crashes started to happen after the update around last month.
iancc09
Send a message

Post by iancc09
daknife wrote:
iancc09 wrote:Waze keeps on crashing a few minutes after the app is opened. It's unusable for me atm, using Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. Crashes started to happen after the update around last month.
What OS version? You need to give device and OS version.
Ah, sorry, Android 4.1.2
iancc09
Send a message

Post by iancc09
daknife wrote:
iancc09 wrote:Waze keeps on crashing a few minutes after the app is opened. It's unusable for me atm, using Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. Crashes started to happen after the update around last month.
What OS version? You need to give device and OS version.
Ah, sorry, Android 4.1.2
iancc09
Send a message

Post by inferno66
alexcp1971 wrote:
perlin wrote:Changes:

Bug & crash fixes for May 30 release
I'm having problems with the 3.7.2.0 versión. The application chashes just a few seconds after it start. I will appreciate if someone has found the solution for this

Same problem on my side

Phone ==> Motorola Atrix
Android 2.3.7

Tried with some differents ROM, but always same issue
inferno66
Send a message

Post by ixijimixi
Running Beanstalk (android 4.2.2 cm based, on a Note 2), and I received the "sending report failed" error (while reporting a map error).

So I went into debug mode, to get a log, recreated the error, went to send the log...and got another error! I tried it both through wifi and on the data connection

Any suggestions?
ixijimixi
Send a message

Post by ixijimixi
Well, it apparently let me send the log finally, via wifi. Still having the problem with sending the report though.
ixijimixi
Send a message

Post by jdeyoung
I'm trying to determine if this bug is related to others on the RAZR Maxx HD.
When waze detects that I'm in traffic - it alerts with the "Are you in traffic" dialog. When I indicate that I am and how bad the traffic is, Waze always seems to fail sending the report. I can always immediately then use the normal report traffic successfully - so it isn't a lack of connectivity.

I also continue to get Waze stopping when my speed goes to zero - unless it is displaying reports.
jdeyoung
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by jdeyoung
toddbecker wrote:App crashes when at a standstill, this has been happening for months and I have submitted logs back to the developer many times. I completely rebuilt my Droid RAZR M, hoping that would eliminate the conflict causing the app crashes.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I despair of this ever getting fixed. This has been an issue for a very long time across multiple versions. In my case I have the Razr MAXX HD, but the real issue is that I have not seen any response from waze dev as to when this might be fixed. I was going to go the route of editing the config file and disabling popups, but the issue occurs in other aspects of waze as well. I vote to getting this fixed in the next release!
jdeyoung
Send a message

Post by jdeyoung
This has been a problem for many months and several versions. By lack of feedback from waze outside of them knowing there's a problem - and repeated sending of logs - there is no way to know if any progress is being made. While the constant crashing is infuriating and MIGHT be because of advertising (maybe something that waze doesn't have complete control over), they DO have control over what happens when going to the dashboard! That should be the easiest problem of all to figure out. And yet... nothing....
jdeyoung
Send a message

Post by jerry9254
Display controls 'overlap' on Galaxy S4.

Running WAZE 3.7.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S4. When the phone is positioned on its side so the display is in landscape mode, there are graphics that overlap one another that interfere with normal use of the interface. Specifically, the lower left-hand menu icon overlaps the 'my location' icon and the lower right-hand icon overlaps the 'zoom out' icon.

Is this something requiring a software update, or is this something I can adjust, and if so, where?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trvrc1w5sp22u ... -11-24.png
jerry9254
Send a message