Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
Perlin, what about adding the version number into the Store's News section?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
perlin wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Perlin, what about adding the version number into the Store's News section?
Not sure I know how to do that :oops: I'll try to find out.
I assume most straightforward in "Waze-Web Pages (yml,html) / 3.7 Version - Store Text":

"- Bug & Crash fixes from May 30 release" - this string appeared just with 3.7.1
"- Stability & Bug fixes from Jun 6 release" - this one appeared just with 3.7.2
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Yesterday I've got a route without the ETA box being displayed (reported already for previous versions). This state persisted over multiple route recalculations. App restart fixed it.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Yesterday and today I've noticed a nice "grouped report", yesterday consisting of 3 single reports (a manual traffic report and two roadwork hazard pins a bit further) and today (it disappeared too fast to play with around). The triple report could be scrolled horizontally:

http://www.waze.com/forum/download/file.php?id=12240

Although the traffic jam report was just coincidentally in front of the roadworks along the route, I suppose that Waze logically tried to match them. Just that the color-coded traffic's line (where the first pin was placed at) always ends (with the stuck traffic as well) at traffic lights some half kilometer prior to the roadworks pins :) but never mind.

Two problems were bound with both yesterday's and today's multireports: they popped up as I was already a quarter hour past the location, and the map did not pan itself somewhere to them, but stayed at my current location.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Today I've noticed multiple times, when my phone with Waze on background was sluggish, that it consumes a lot of CPU (in the task list, always red using up to 48% on a dual-core SG Ace2). Usually it is listed using some 2-3% or similar amount. Nothing helps, just client restart. Unfortunately unable to reproduce.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
For months long, occasionally an opened user popup can not be closed. It can at most be replaced with other user's popup. Only an app restart cures it. I'm seeing this a few times with each app version.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
a4bolek wrote:Funny, how ever since the "merge" Waze does not show as battery consumer. It is considered part of the "Maps".
Funny thought :smile: I personally doubt they would implement such groundbreaking behavioral change and even that fast. Besides this, I still do see Waze among the consumers, in the 4% area, Maps is even lower. (I just can not manage to limit the hungry Android OS + Display tandem to consume less than their ~80% portion :-()
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
FlashBuddy wrote:Ya, I've been having a helluva time logging in on my Galaxy 2. While I can enter the username and password, there is no submit button, or login, or go, or any button at al. What is up with that?
Not much, just an indeed damm unusually illogical dialog page :roll:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
usa_fpdk1bex wrote: My trip to DC started on Monday and I came back on Thursday.
AndyPoms wrote:Also remember, the week runs Monday -> Sunday it is not a running total over 7 days.
Sometimes it also happens, that particular drives do get processed with a few days' delay, especially during some outages (best to look into the editor, which are already listed there). It can then happen, that these drives will be counted towards the next week.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by frysco
Hi,

Just moved over to Android from iOS - and Waze was one of the first apps that I installed.

However, I noticed that there seems to be no way of sending the voice prompts/directions to a Bluetooth device (ie, headset).

Under iOS it was there under Settings->Sound (Prefer Bluetooth), but that option is completely missing on my version of Waze (3.7.2) on my Nexus 4 (4.2.2).
frysco
Send a message