Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby danofsatx » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 pm

tripecollie wrote:That being said, I still have several bad functionality bugs with the app....

I was having about as many issues as you are after the auto-update, but I managed to fix it. Since your phone is stock, though, I'm not sure you have the capability that I did.

First, I uninstalled Waze from the Play Store - not the phone itself. I rebooted the phone after this was complete, and cleaned the memory cache to ensure Waze was truly gone - I didn't take the step of verifying it's subdirectories were gone, too, but that has also been mentioned. I rebooted the phone again after this step, then re-installed Waze from the Play Store, and it's been working fine ever since (well, a couple random reboots here and there, and the loosing of either the GPS signal or the data connection....)
danofsatx
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby tripecollie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Stock Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD jellybean user here. I must say I'm happy that the update to 3.7.2 seems to have fixed one of the major issues I had with Waze: having the app actually stay running. Now it is solid and stays on if I'm not trying to do anything.

That being said, I still have several bad functionality bugs with the app....

#1 - I can't use, and have never been able to use, the scoreboard feature. This isn't a huge deal I suppose, but given that it's kinda neat to see how you're ranking with miles and such and ties into the "social game" type feel of the app it's pretty annoying to find that every time I try to use the scoreboard it causes Waze to crash and reboot. When I say every time I do mean EVERY time, without fail. Sometimes it's faster than others. Strangely enough it appears to be in areas with nice strong signal. I have no idea why that is the case. I have found that when I'm close to home (where there is next to no signal) that I can manage to get the scoreboard stats to display briefly (long enough to do a screen capture) before again having the app crash and reboot. I always get the message "Unfortunately, Waze has stopped." I've been with the software a couple months and seen 4 updates but this issue is still very present.

#2 - I also can't use the inbox feature. Seeing as how this is the whole thing that makes this a social media app I would consider that a pretty important bug to fix. Specifically I can get the inbox open, but none of the messages will display before the app crashes and burns. It doesn't attempt to reboot itself. It just gives up and dies as if it had been shot. Signal doesn't seem to affect this bug at all.

#3 - This last bit is an interesting bug and is recent with this newest update. If I go to the settings for the app, then Help, then About & Notices....it causes Waze to crash. I never had this problem before. I'd looked up the version fine in the past. This seems to be specific to version 3.7.2.0. It was just amusing to see that even this now apparently will crash the app.

I'd be more than happy to take some videos of all these issues in realtime and put them up on youtube if it would garner some help and/or support. If there's any suggestions or possible solutions that I can't seem to find in your forums just pointing me where to read would be appreciated as well. Other than these issues I love the app. I wish there was a few more tweaks, but honestly these big bugs cause me the most grief as a user.
tripecollie

Postby nplus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:18 pm

I just pulled up LogCat and I didn't see anything pop up when waving. It's possible it's having problems registering with the camera/sensor when the app starts. I'll have to do some further testing.
nplus

Postby RockyRogue » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:13 pm

it pops up at random sometimes when i'm not waving . i've never got it to work on purpose .
RockyRogue

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm

strigona wrote:I've tried waving in every way I can think of. So either I'm terrible at waving or something isn't working quite right. Maybe I'll try pulling up adb/logcat later...

Hard to say. ASR requires a double-activation of the proximity sensor.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby nplus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:38 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
strigona wrote:Hi, I recently started using Waze on my Nexus 7 and I cannot seem to get the "wave to activate voice command" feature to work! The 3 finger touch works just fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Wave twice if you aren't already.

I've tried waving in every way I can think of. So either I'm terrible at waving or something isn't working quite right. Maybe I'll try pulling up adb/logcat later...
nplus

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:27 pm

strigona wrote:Hi, I recently started using Waze on my Nexus 7 and I cannot seem to get the "wave to activate voice command" feature to work! The 3 finger touch works just fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Wave twice if you aren't already.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby wolfgrrl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 pm

When using the "Report" button, occasionally the screen will turn to black and no map shows. I use this when I'm riding as a passenger, and the only way to get the map to show is shut down Waze and restart the app. VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 on JB 4.2.2.
wolfgrrl

Postby nplus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi, I recently started using Waze on my Nexus 7 and I cannot seem to get the "wave to activate voice command" feature to work! The 3 finger touch works just fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
nplus

Postby bobsk8 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:14 pm

I have a new Nexus 4 phone with Android 4.2.2 The voice commands only work if I reboot the phone and during the first few minutes of travel. Then it keeps stating that it can't hear my command, does that a couple of times and quits. Other people have reported this same problem on this thread. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=45216

This makes reporting a traffic problem dangerous, since one would have to type in the problem on the screen, since the voice commands don't work. I think this should be a priority to look at.

Thanks.
bobsk8

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App