Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 pm

a4bolek wrote:...posts are not in order...

At the bottom of the screen, make sure you have the forum set to display posts sorted by post time and not something else like by author.
WeeeZer14

Postby danofsatx » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:45 pm

a4bolek wrote:How can anyone participate in this thread? It is a mix of completely disconnected thoughts, responses to questions that don't exist, posts are not in order, what a freaking mess. WTF :shock:

This is a "feedback" thread, in which each post is assumed to stand on it's own as official feedback for the 3.7 release of Waze on Android. If someone is responding to another, they should quote, or at least name the person they are responding to, to show the connected thoughts.
danofsatx
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby a4bolek » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 am

How can anyone participate in this thread? It is a mix of completely disconnected thoughts, responses to questions that don't exist, posts are not in order, what a freaking mess. WTF :shock:
a4bolek

Postby iainwillis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

All sounds are coming out garbled on my HTC One. Each phrase seems to be repeated twice, once clearly, the second really faint and garbled.

Using version 3.7.2.0.
iainwillis

Postby CelsoGalo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:28 pm

One of the last versions (don't know what) introduced a bug regarding voice directions. Sometimes I hear "turn right in 100m" when actually there is a long road ahead without any turn (left/right).
CelsoGalo

Postby wonderzvi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:16 am

The version 3.7.2.0 isn't worked at all . Only flied up, crashed or restartes the device.

Please advice whether the application should work on samsung galaxy s1, OS 2.3.3 Darky ROM?

All versions of waze later than 2.4.0.26 worked very hard, did the same problems.
It was be necessarily to make device restart before usage , otherwise it crashed, stucked up or restarted the device.

Only the 2.4.0.26 version is stable on this device.

Thank you!
wonderzvi

Postby davipt » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:51 pm

rrubin19in wrote:I have tried that as well and the results were even more bizarre. I am beginning to wonder if the application and algorithm might have reached an uppermost limit of capacity. I mean in my 10KM radius there are over 5000 users typically. So I am wondering if there are simply too many inputs and variables for the application to process.
I am not giving up on the application and I am sure that if there is something wrong with the basic alternative routing it will be fixed. I am sure the execs don't want to mess up the $ billion deal they have pending

Also be aware that we can edit the maps ourselves and there may have been some map change screwing (or fixing) something and changing your routes. Or maybe not. Just mentioning this because when I joined I was also fighting with weird routes every month (the updates were monthly), and then found out that other people were editing the map and screwing stuff. So I did what other AM's told me to do - quadruple check the whole daily route, and lock it.

Maybe it's worth to pick a route that you know were working before but isn't now and post it on the dedicated thread - I guess here viewforum.php?f=6 - and let some area managers analyze if the routes changed because of the map or because of routing algorithms...
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby rrubin19in » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:38 pm

I have tried that as well and the results were even more bizarre. I am beginning to wonder if the application and algorithm might have reached an uppermost limit of capacity. I mean in my 10KM radius there are over 5000 users typically. So I am wondering if there are simply too many inputs and variables for the application to process.
I am not giving up on the application and I am sure that if there is something wrong with the basic alternative routing it will be fixed. I am sure the execs don't want to mess up the $ billion deal they have pending
rrubin19in

Postby davipt » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:24 pm

It looks like US is now as bad as INTL >:)

The avoid-tolls and avoid freeways have a specific meaning and do work as intended.

I'd suggest trying "fastest" vs. "shortest". On INTL I get much better alternatives - and always three - with shortest, whilst "fastest" is always something different every week and depending on the moon. I even suspect that the more traffic there is on a freeway, the more "fastest" forces me to route into the mess :D
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:09 pm

rrubin19in wrote:Alan, None of those options changed

I didn't ask if you changed them, but to check how adjusting those settings might change the results you get in looking for alt routes.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App