Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby rrubin19in » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Alan, None of those options changed
rrubin19in

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:49 pm

rrubin19in wrote:Whatever was done to the routing algorithms since March of 2013, undo them and revert back to the ones that actually worked.

I'd check to see what different options like "avoid highways" or "avoid toll roads" may have on better alternate route functionality.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby rrubin19in » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:45 pm

I have noticed the same issue with the application not recalculating. However, I have a more general observation that I hope others can either help me with.

I am a professional Chauffeur and have been an avid WAZE user for more than a year (Currently have a Royalty ranking and ranked 470 among users). In the past three months and two significant revisions I have noticed a tremendous decline in both availability, accuracy and general usefulness of the application. I have been a major advocate of the application because it simply worked.

However, in the past three months it has more often NOT worked. First, in April the update crashed consistently until a new revision, I think 3.1.6.0 (I have an Android OS on my phone.) I live in the NYC Metro area and there are always several thousand users within my area active, so the application should work wonderfully, which it had for the previous year. But now, the route identified often is just plain wrong. Frequently circuitous adding both mileage and time to travel.

The alternate routing feature is basically useless now. More often than not, (approximately 65% of the time) I get a pop-up stating 'no server can be found'. I have 3G on Verizon and in NYC there are ALWAYS 5 bars of signal. Secondly when it Does actually attempt to find an alternate it recommends utter nonsense. As example, going from JFK Airport to LaGuardia Airport. Typically one of two routes can be used with two possible side roads. (In the past the system would identify three of those four options 95% of the time.) Now the system will select a single route, frequently none of the above, and when it does try to find an alternate it tells me 'no alternate route could be found'. I re-entered the request and it then informed me to drive across the city and through New Jersey and over two other bridges adding 87 miles and 2 1/2 hours for an alternate. In other words utter nonsense.

Whatever was done to the routing algorithms since March of 2013, undo them and revert back to the ones that actually worked.

Thank you
rrubin19in
rrubin19in

Postby timcastro » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:11 pm

drummer83 wrote:
deeggo wrote:
timcastro wrote:Unfortunately, I'm having the problem drummer83 used to have. I have my Screen Timeout set to 1 minute, but the Timeout will not initiate when I'm running Waze. However, if I use a different App (e.g., Google Maps) and run Waze in the background, the Timeout will initiate properly after 1 minute.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2

It is perfectly normal behavior for the screen to not timeout when Waze is on the foreground. Wouldn't want it any other way. It would be a PITA to have to touch the screen every 59 seconds while driving.

In Settings-> General there is the option "prevent Auto-Lock". When deactivated the display will switch off even when running waze. When activated the display is always on.

Thanks, but my display stays on even when "Prevent Auto-Lock" is deactivated.

With a typical 2.5 hour RT commute, keeping the display on all that time would destroy the battery.
timcastro

Postby CTCNetwork » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is a version issue or a general Waze issue but I don't seem to be getting twitter reports of traffic issues - primarily my own reports or for the primary group I am in..

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby deeggo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:56 am

drummer83 wrote:
deeggo wrote:
timcastro wrote:Unfortunately, I'm having the problem drummer83 used to have. I have my Screen Timeout set to 1 minute, but the Timeout will not initiate when I'm running Waze. However, if I use a different App (e.g., Google Maps) and run Waze in the background, the Timeout will initiate properly after 1 minute.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2

It is perfectly normal behavior for the screen to not timeout when Waze is on the foreground. Wouldn't want it any other way. It would be a PITA to have to touch the screen every 59 seconds while driving.

In Settings-> General there is the option "prevent Auto-Lock". When deactivated the display will switch off even when running waze. When activated the display is always on.

Mine is ticked on indeed.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby drummer83 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:03 am

deeggo wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2

drummer83
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby deeggo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:05 am

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.1.2

deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Superfraggle » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:17 am

amiga6 wrote:I still have these problems ...
blank screen 2013-06-12 at 14:53 This often happens
Screenshot_2013-06-12-14-53-50.png

Waze crashed when I reported gas prices
2013-06-12 at 14:58
Screenshot_2013-06-12-14-58-28.png

Connection problems when I should report gas prices
2013-06-13 at 19:30 This happens sometimes
Screenshot_2013-06-13-19-30-39.png

You seem to have little to no signal in any of those screenshots, so you would get a connection error and a blank screen as it tries to download the tiles???
Superfraggle
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby danofsatx » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:59 am

dan_in_TX wrote:One bug that did not get worked out - I can get no audio other than from the phone speaker. I have a 3 year old HTC Wildfire S that does not have the greatest speaker on it, and the holder I mount it in has the speaker right up against a rubber pad. In other words, I can't hear the built-in speaker in the truck. So, I bought an external, amplified speaker to mount in a cupholder, but Waze won't route the audio out the headphone/line out jack. When it's plugged in, Waze is silent, but as soon as I unplug it Waze starts using the phone speaker.

Whoops....scratch that - that was my fault. I had the line to the external speaker plugged into the headphone out jack :oops:
danofsatx
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App