I have noticed the same issue with the application not recalculating. However, I have a more general observation that I hope others can either help me with.
I am a professional Chauffeur and have been an avid WAZE user for more than a year (Currently have a Royalty ranking and ranked 470 among users). In the past three months and two significant revisions I have noticed a tremendous decline in both availability, accuracy and general usefulness of the application. I have been a major advocate of the application because it simply worked.
However, in the past three months it has more often NOT worked. First, in April the update crashed consistently until a new revision, I think 188.8.131.52 (I have an Android OS on my phone.) I live in the NYC Metro area and there are always several thousand users within my area active, so the application should work wonderfully, which it had for the previous year. But now, the route identified often is just plain wrong. Frequently circuitous adding both mileage and time to travel.
The alternate routing feature is basically useless now. More often than not, (approximately 65% of the time) I get a pop-up stating 'no server can be found'. I have 3G on Verizon and in NYC there are ALWAYS 5 bars of signal. Secondly when it Does actually attempt to find an alternate it recommends utter nonsense. As example, going from JFK Airport to LaGuardia Airport. Typically one of two routes can be used with two possible side roads. (In the past the system would identify three of those four options 95% of the time.) Now the system will select a single route, frequently none of the above, and when it does try to find an alternate it tells me 'no alternate route could be found'. I re-entered the request and it then informed me to drive across the city and through New Jersey and over two other bridges adding 87 miles and 2 1/2 hours for an alternate. In other words utter nonsense.
Whatever was done to the routing algorithms since March of 2013, undo them and revert back to the ones that actually worked.