Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Nehbrown
[quote="Kuhlkatz"]The first thing to try would be under phone Settings, Apps & selecting Waze from the list. Select Clear Data and verify that you want to delete the app data. If it's corrupt data files, this should allow you to start Waze.
It's also one of the first options to try if you get 'Searching Network' messages, or if your Location Services does not seem to get a GPS fix after upgrades.

Thanks, this worked and I was able to open Waze.

However it doesn't recognise my login. I asked for a password reminder - though I knew it was the same as for the website - and picked up the email (on the PC) with a totally different login name (world_xxxxx), and clicking the link took me to my usual web page. Could this be a server location problem? I'm in UK running Android 2.2.1 on HTC Wildfire.
Nehbrown
Send a message

Post by Nehbrown
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Nehbrown wrote:However it doesn't recognise my login. I asked for a password reminder - though I knew it was the same as for the website - and picked up the email (on the PC) with a totally different login name (world_xxxxx), and clicking the link took me to my usual web page. Could this be a server location problem? I'm in UK running Android 2.2.1 on HTC Wildfire.
Sounds like your Nehbrown account is associated with a different email address. What does it say on the /dashboard webpage for your email address? And, if you're logged into the website/forum, perhaps just try changing your password so you're sure you and the Waze database are aligned.
Yes, you were right, I'd given the wrong email address for the reminder. (Senior moment!) When I use the right address, I can go to the 'change password' screen on the PC, make the change then login to My Dashboard, see points etc for Nehbrown. However I still can't login on the phone using the same username and password that work ok on the web.
Nehbrown
Send a message

Post by Nekkkkk
Hello,

For me, I have the same issue as yaben.

On Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2, often, Waze just stop working after 1 minut (or less), without any message/warning/information.

Sometimes, reboot, launch Waze, proper Exit and relaunch make it works.... but not always. I ca n launch the application ten times before it's remain active more than a minut.

Nekkkk
Nekkkkk
Send a message

Post by nplus
Hi, I recently started using Waze on my Nexus 7 and I cannot seem to get the "wave to activate voice command" feature to work! The 3 finger touch works just fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
nplus
Send a message
Nexus 7 & Lumia 920

Post by nplus
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
strigona wrote:Hi, I recently started using Waze on my Nexus 7 and I cannot seem to get the "wave to activate voice command" feature to work! The 3 finger touch works just fine. Has anyone else had this problem?
Wave twice if you aren't already.
I've tried waving in every way I can think of. So either I'm terrible at waving or something isn't working quite right. Maybe I'll try pulling up adb/logcat later...
nplus
Send a message
Nexus 7 & Lumia 920

Post by nplus
I just pulled up LogCat and I didn't see anything pop up when waving. It's possible it's having problems registering with the camera/sensor when the app starts. I'll have to do some further testing.
nplus
Send a message
Nexus 7 & Lumia 920

Post by olorin2
Hello All,

I posted about a crash issue over the past few months, and recently I believe I've found the cause of the problems. The other thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46595&p=505229&hili ... es#p505229

The problem appears to be related to the Accessibility service on my Motorola Razr Maxx HD. Whenever there is an app running that uses the service, Waze will frequently crash when coming to a stop, or when going into the Scoreboard. I've tested this with 2 different apps: Light Flow and Llama. If Accessibility is turned off for these, there is no crashing whatsoever.

I contacted the developer for Light Flow, but since then I've had the same issue with another app with Light Flow turned off. This seems to be the case for any app that uses Accessibility on this phone. I did not come across any other posts about this issue, so I'm hoping the problem can be addressed here. I have sent logs in the past, but I'll be happy to provide additional logs, or any other information necessary.

Thank you!
olorin2
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
Not sure about other countries but in Malaysia our mobile telco's coverage is not good at certain areas. After selecting my favourite pre-saved destination sometimes due to the telco's connectivity I get routing error server pop up. Would appreciate that when it happens, the client should still provide a route instead of a pop up message that routing server have problem. It should pop up saying " Routing server cannot be connected, now using route without GSM connection" something to the effect instead giving the error message.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
mangkubumi wrote:after updating to the latest version of waze from play store my waze is crashing everytime i start the application. unfortunately i'm not yet register yet as waze member, so my favourite was not backed up to waze server. i already copy my waze folder on android hoping that maybe i can restore the favourite poi, but i dont know how to restore it. Now i already installed the lower version of waze and its runs well. but my favourite poi all gone. is there any way to restore my favourite poi back? i need advice please, sorry for bad english....

regards
kris
If you have the previous waze folder copied before the update, try copy the file name history from the previous folder and paste it to the current waze folder. See whether that helps.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
a4bolek wrote: Just for the record. When was last time someone from Waze participated in this thread? :?:
Maybe they did not participate due to no notification email to them from the forum? It's been a while since I got any notification from my subscriptions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message