These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by slithzerikai
ftboomer wrote:QuickOK is correct about the traffic tweets that the system uses for traffic but that has nothing to do with groups. Those tweets are pulled by the waze servers and posted for everyone within the area that you've selected in the radius of notification in options of the waze client.
Those are the tweets I am seeing in the dublinwazers twitter account. Although there is a good chance I might have missed them, those reports never appeared in or through the group.
ftboomer wrote: Alfonsoa is referring specifically to group tweets. I am still unclear as to the true integration of twitter and groups (waiting for a response). I believe that the way it is suppose to work is that anyone who joins your Dublinwazers group will have their waze reports show up in your groups twitter feed. Mine, FloridaWazers, has been a bit spotty. Not sure if it's a server issue or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Yes, that's right, I was referring to how I understood Waze-Twitter works from a groups perspective.

I have yet to see a single report done by members of my group, myself included, that show up in the dublinwazers twitter account.

Of course this could be because of the 'unsupported' status of the twitter integration outside USA. Although I don't see how support for this functionality would be any different than inside the USA.
slithzerikai
Send a message

Post by slithzerikai
I see.

One thing for certain is not happening.

None of the reports by Dublinwazers waze group members is shown in the Dublinwazers twitter account.

If the reason for this is because they require to have their own twitter account set-up in the client, I can imagine right away that most people are going to give this functionality a miss, although it would explain why it doesn't work: dublinwazers is a small group (<20 members) as I guess chances are all have ignored or missed the twitter setting altogether.

Since I created the group and the twitter account, I can set it as my own, so my reports would, theoretically, show, but this solution is not practical.

Certainly I don't want my reports to be displayed in my twitter account.
slithzerikai
Send a message