These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Facebook connect option fails

Post by arjenstet
Hello there, I am quite new to the Waze experience. I've created an account and have been driving around with that but i would like to connect to my Facebook-profile. After allowing the Waze app to my Facebook profile the endresult is not transferred back to Waze. All i get is a page with the url

fbconnect://success#access_token=<token>

The app does not recognize this as a good result. Did FB change something? It is impossible to connect to FB this way. I have tried to revoke access and grant again but with the same result.

Using Android 4.0.4 on a Xperia Ray.

Arjen
arjenstet

Post by arjenstet
That's why they call you Super-Ella! :) It worked..
arjenstet

Post by hmarian
Followed the instruction provided by Super-Ella but I can see any of my FB friends on the phone.
Everytime I restart the app FB seems to be disconnected and after reconnecting none of the friend is showing.

Cheers,
Hagay.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.78.600.0
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by hmarian
@maemaescreations - The last post on this was in July 2013. Problem has been solved long time ago.

HM.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by alpha83
Same here. I made clean install of my phone's ROM (Xperia Z2) and still even if I'm able to 'connect' to facebook in waze app - can't see friends or anything else.
alpha83
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Post by Designatedone
Been having problems with this all the time. Updated FB on phone, deleted app info from FB and all I get is the waze busy screen when I tap connect.
Designatedone

Post by ButtercupDC
I've been a Waze user with Facebook login for years and have had many phones and never had a problem with signing in with Facebook until today when I'm trying to use my new IP7. I keep getting "Facebook account has not been configured on this device" which is incorrect.. I was just on my FB on this phone.. I have followed the delete in FB and the on the device for both apps and put back on and still the same issue.. So its not a FB issue its a Waze issue.. Whats the deal Waze.. I'm moving 2000 miles away in a couple of weeks and will be, well like to be, relaying on my dearly loved Waze app on my journey... Fixed It Jesus . I do have a regular username and password account but I haven't used it since 2012 which doesn't have any of my favs and or latest places I've visited... HELP HELP HELP
ButtercupDC

Post by hmarian
The beta team is working also on an issue to connect to FB on Android. Not sure it is related to the login, but the general connection to FB is not possible to some users.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Android/WME Beta Tester

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,
Super-Ella wrote:I found the following solution, and it worked:
Logged out of FB on phone
Removed Waze access from FB on computer via app center
(http://www.facebook.com/appcenter/my).
Updated FB on phone via google play store
Logged into FB on phone
Then opened Waze on phone and logged into FB.

:D
Don't use the facebook app but via a browser. Logged out FB sessions and removed Waze from FB. Fired up Waze and settings -> Social Networks.
Big connect button. Click it it spins briefly and then stops back at the "Connect" page.

Something tells me FB have altered their API and your programmers haven't worked it out yet! Not solved at all...

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Post by ArchNgeL77
I may have also found a solution and it neither requires deleting Waze or Facebook from your devices.

Go to Facebook Settings > Apps > Logged in with Facebook > Expired tab then look for and select Waze to open > Click "Renew Access" > Click Save

Go to your Waze app > Connect to Facebook then voila! See if this works!
ArchNgeL77