iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Postby pjlasl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 am

No issues to report. Update was flawless.

Lvl 5 Area manager - Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby catsintheattic » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:12 am

But the fact that we've had no feedback from anyone at WAZE makes me wonder if there is anyone working on this. I also find it nearly unusable. I hope that the disable notifications from groups workaround helps, but I'm not happy!

--sarah

WeeeZer14 wrote:
JDMxDC4 wrote:Okay, so unfollowing the groups had no effect whatsoever. The map is still dark and I still can't touch the screen. Only the two lower buttons. Lame. Waze better release a new update to fix this bullshit or else I'm leaving Waze altogether.

Just keep in mind that even if Waze realized they goofed and created a fix the same day that 3.7.2 was released, it is Apple who controls how quickly it is released to us users.
catsintheattic

Crashes on iphone 4

Postby cocoelize » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:31 am

After updating to the latest two versions of Waze, the app closes as soon as I log in. I can use as a temp user with no problems, but not while logging in with either Waze or Facebook. I unfortunately sync'd my phone with iTunes, so the second newest version (which crashes) is the only one I can revert to. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can start using my Waze again? Thanks.

iphone 4
op system 4.3.3 (original)
cocoelize

Re: Crashes on iphone 4

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:57 am

cocoelize wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can start using my Waze again?

Try deleting the app and downloading from the iTunes store again.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Always missing turn street name at top of screen

Postby wnax » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:59 pm

At the top of the Waze screen is an arrow showing the direction of the next turn (e.g. an arrow going up and to the right), and the distance to the turn (e.g. 200m). But the name of the turn street never shows.

(Waze correctly says the name of the street to turn in its verbal instructions. And if I click at the top to get the list of turns to my destination, all street names appear, including the next one. So Waze knows the name of the street I will be turning on next.)

I have had this problem with both the current version 3.7.2, and the previous version 3.7.1. (I don't remember which version I used before--it did not have the user interface redesign. And it did not have this problem.) This is on an iPhone 4 running IOS 4.3.5.
wnax

Postby cocoelize » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cocoelize wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can start using my Waze again?

Try deleting the app and downloading from the iTunes store again.

I deleted the app and reinstalled MANY times in the past few days and I'm still crashing, both the latest version and one prior. I don't know if Waze is just not compatible with older iOS. I can't upgrade or I'll lose my jailbreak. If I could get the version of version of Waze from late May/early June reinstalled, it would work fine. It seems to crash when Facebook tries to log in. I went so far as to delete the Facebook app, but it still crashes when it asks me to log into Facebook. I can't log in at all, even as just a Waze user, without it crashing. I seem to be one of the only people having this issue, so I wonder if it's a conflict with the old iOS or another app or jailbroken app I installed.
cocoelize

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:37 pm

cocoelize wrote:...I wonder if it's a conflict with the old iOS or another app or jailbroken app I installed.

Since you can't upgrade, I would suggest removing and jailbreak apps to see. There are some conflicts that people have found with some of those apps/tweaks.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby W0RDR » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Waze is never finishing the routing process. I'm trying to get a route from Castle Rock, CO to Plattsmouth, NE, it finds the address immediately, says, "let's go" but displays "Calculating Route" endlessly and never draws it on the maps. I've uninstalled and re-installed the program several times, verified that I have internet connection (or I couldn't be submitting this), etc. I used to really love this app, but it hasn't worked on my iPad since 3.7.2 was installed. The iOS version on my iPad is 6.1.3. So far, for this try, Waze has been displaying "Calculating Route" for over an hour, this after the 2nd time I uninstalled and reloaded the app.
W0RDR

Postby S10-XJ » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:51 pm

Same problems here. iPhone 4

3.7.1 constantly crashing. Sometimes wouldn't even send logs. Reports from events nowhere on my route. Uninstalled, rebooted, re-downloaded/installed multiple times.

Found a copy of 3.5.2 in an old backup and reinstalled it. It is stable but, getting reports from events not on my route.

Uninstalled, rebooted, downloaded/installed 3.7.2. Constantly crashing. Screen darkening/locking after reports. only used for an hour. Uninstalled, rebooted, re-downloaded/installed multiple times.

Went back to 3.5.2
S10-XJ

Postby invented » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:15 am

I had a "Calculating Route, Please Wait" prompt stay on the screen for 13 minutes today.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App