Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by warriordad
I have uncovered an issue where it looks like waze is trying to report something but then doesn't remove the tinted overlay on the map and you can't interact with the map any more. The only way to get out of this is to quit the app and run it again. It's happening now once a day for me.
warriordad
Send a message
Attachments

Post by WeeeZer14
Still having issues with adding new favorites on un-named segments. At first I thought it was working okay, but eventually the new favorites disappear.

Observation: new favorite on un-named road is added at the bottom of the favorites list. After app restart, if it is still there, it has moved to the top of the favorite list. A favorite on a named road stays at the bottom of the list.

Update: One favorite came back, in the slot of a DIFFERENT favorite I had moved to the middle of the favorite list. So at best it looks like I was able to gain one more favorite on an un-named road.

So the favorite jumping to the top of the list may be an effect of it taking over the position of a former favorite on an unnamed road that I had at the top of my list.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
SebMLS wrote:OK, So I was right near having the Waze Warrior status with my point value and after this update all of my points are gone. Can you guys please fix this or help me out?
Every time you install a new version (or reinstall) points will take up to a week to sync up. Nothing is lost.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)

Post by WeeeZer14
JDMxDC4 wrote:Okay, so unfollowing the groups had no effect whatsoever. The map is still dark and I still can't touch the screen. Only the two lower buttons. Lame. Waze better release a new update to fix this bullshit or else I'm leaving Waze altogether.
Just keep in mind that even if Waze realized they goofed and created a fix the same day that 3.7.2 was released, it is Apple who controls how quickly it is released to us users.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Puerto Rico also does gas prices in cents per liter. This is not a client issue. It is an issue with backend validation. It seems all of the NA server is using the US settings for valid gas prices which is apparently a bad assumption. I've already brought PR up to Waze staff, I guess a similar discussion needs to be had for Canada.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
lgp1985 wrote:Bug
Alerts comes and leave the gray shading over the map, after being closed, making it impossible to interact with the map...
Workaround:
Need a cold start of the app to release the map:
Exit the app;
Kill Waze on the recently used apps;
Reported many, many, many times in this very thread. Everyone please review past reports before posting.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by wnax
At the top of the Waze screen is an arrow showing the direction of the next turn (e.g. an arrow going up and to the right), and the distance to the turn (e.g. 200m). But the name of the turn street never shows.

(Waze correctly says the name of the street to turn in its verbal instructions. And if I click at the top to get the list of turns to my destination, all street names appear, including the next one. So Waze knows the name of the street I will be turning on next.)

I have had this problem with both the current version 3.7.2, and the previous version 3.7.1. (I don't remember which version I used before--it did not have the user interface redesign. And it did not have this problem.) This is on an iPhone 4 running IOS 4.3.5.
wnax
Send a message

Post by x556
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
CylonGlitch wrote:I'm sorry, but I have done hardware and software validation for 20 years. THIS should never have happened. I'm sure that many didn't see it, but someone saw something like this, no question about it. Either that, or new testers are really needed.
I believe you and the others who are reporting this. That doesn't mean any tester saw it, though. I certainly didn't through 3 versions including the current 3.7.2 release nor in the next beta. That's on ios 6.1.3/iPhone 5. I don't think it's called for to take testers to task. Clearly, not everyone is getting the error. Probably well under 5% of users, or twitter and facebook would be flooded with complaints. As it is, that isn't happening.

Waze occasionally asks for new testers, but that is limited to once a year changes by Apple.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/28/uqy2u2am.jpg
Then maybe it has to do with user data somehow, my phone is an iPhone 5 with the latest iOS and no jailbreak but I have the similar issue. And I say similar because mine doesn't crash become unusable because of it, it happens rarely and it's easily fixed by shutting down the app with its menu. Now I'm see different results for other users and maybe the problem changes due to different usage and location is my guess. For example I've been complaining about not being able to choose the robot mood since I recently upgraded to map editor rank 2 and now I read somewhere that every time you update or reinstall the waze app it takes up to a week to sync your points to it again. Maybe those issues are invisible to beta testers due to their special conditions, only to be revealed when used massively, same goes with video games and other software, bugs will always exist. I just hope they're prepping up the fix already.
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
LVL 3 Waze Map Editor from Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
ENGLISH/SPANISH
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png