These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by catsintheattic
Have we any response from support?

Turning off notifications has helped incredibly, but it'd be nice to have a real fix.

--sarah
WeeeZer14 wrote:
lgp1985 wrote:Bug
Alerts comes and leave the gray shading over the map, after being closed, making it impossible to interact with the map...
Workaround:
Need a cold start of the app to release the map:
Exit the app;
Kill Waze on the recently used apps;
Reported many, many, many times in this very thread. Everyone please review past reports before posting.
catsintheattic
Send a message

Post by cocoelize
After updating to the latest two versions of Waze, the app closes as soon as I log in. I can use as a temp user with no problems, but not while logging in with either Waze or Facebook. I unfortunately sync'd my phone with iTunes, so the second newest version (which crashes) is the only one I can revert to. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can start using my Waze again? Thanks.

iphone 4
op system 4.3.3 (original)
cocoelize
Send a message

Post by cocoelize
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cocoelize wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can start using my Waze again?
Try deleting the app and downloading from the iTunes store again.
I deleted the app and reinstalled MANY times in the past few days and I'm still crashing, both the latest version and one prior. I don't know if Waze is just not compatible with older iOS. I can't upgrade or I'll lose my jailbreak. If I could get the version of version of Waze from late May/early June reinstalled, it would work fine. It seems to crash when Facebook tries to log in. I went so far as to delete the Facebook app, but it still crashes when it asks me to log into Facebook. I can't log in at all, even as just a Waze user, without it crashing. I seem to be one of the only people having this issue, so I wonder if it's a conflict with the old iOS or another app or jailbroken app I installed.
cocoelize
Send a message

Post by colibri44
Hello i have somme prolem with the new version :
. when the app is in foreground, the GPS is not put off.
Then my battery lost a lot of power ...

. The other Pb is caused by bluetooth and navigation by voice :
When i put ON the option bluetoot, i have the vaigatoin with the voice of the man ou the women. It's ok.
But at each time the man or the women speak, it's make a call of my own number of telephon with the system bluetooth of my car ( VW Passat ) ... At each speak for navigation, it' generate a new call ... Then i can't use the option ...

Thank for your response and your application...
colibri44
Send a message

Post by CylonGlitch
Same problem as Catsintheattic and Mr1492. Yesterday during rush hour there were so many alerts the whole screen was completely black and there was nothing I could do to solve the problem. I found rebooting the phone would let me run it ONCE without these problems.

Sadly the app has become almost completely useless now, you can't touch the map, you often can't see the maps, etc. Bugs, bugs, bugs, these are show stoppers people, they should never have made it out the door. :(

Hope that things get patched soon, the previous version would crash so many times it wasn't funny. Before that, at least things were stable, but now, ugh.
CylonGlitch
Send a message

Post by CylonGlitch
mr1492 wrote:I have to concur that the application is, at this point, useless. The pop-ups are random. I tried setting virtually every option and I still get notices of things miles and miles and miles away. The screen goes dark and cannot function. The screen gets progressively darker until you can't read it. The little white "here it was" dot cannot be removed.
I've turned off as much as I can and I'm still getting issues. I've turned off reports unless "On my route" and I'm getting reports from 30 miles away, no where near anything I've been to in many months. Losing the entire touch screen is horrible enough, but I can deal with that, not being able to scroll around. But not clearing the overlay, that's just unrealistic, Horrible, Horrible testing. =

I'm on an iPhone 5, no jail break, nothing special installed, I even hard reset the phone and ONLY ran Waze and it STILL HAPPENS. Sure the crashing has been fixed, but that was minor compared to this because I could just keep launching it until it stuck and then it was fine. But now, it launches fine and becomes useless within 5 to 10 minutes.

Next week I'm taking a 2000 mile road trip, it was going to push me to the top level of the Waze Bracket (King / Royal). I love it when I take long trips, helps so much for finding police. :D But now, I don't know if I can use it. :(

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!
CylonGlitch
Send a message

Post by CylonGlitch
Here is a video of the problem : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/445 ... G_0024.MOV

I made this with my iPad focused on my iPhone. I started with the phone off and launching only Waze. Rendered useless in what, 30 seconds?

I'm sorry, but I have done hardware and software validation for 20 years. THIS should never have happened. I'm sure that many didn't see it, but someone saw something like this, no question about it. Either that, or new testers are really needed.
CylonGlitch
Send a message

Post by CylonGlitch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: I believe you and the others who are reporting this. That doesn't mean any tester saw it, though. I certainly didn't through 3 versions including the current 3.7.2 release nor in the next beta.
This is brand new for 3.7.2, it took away the crashes of 3.7.1 and replaced them with this.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Probably well under 5% of users, or twitter and facebook would be flooded with complaints. As it is, that isn't happening.
So there aren't 20 testers? It sounds like they are using external testers to do the bulk of their testing. These are volunteer testers. Sorry but having been through them, their reports are spotty at best and few are dedicated enough to test things out clearly. I'm guessing there is one maybe two in-house testers which has been good up to now, but they easily get overwhelmed.

As someone else said, it could easily be due to the data and unless they are maintaining data for a year or more and upgrading from version to version; it is easily missed because often testers are told to completely wipe the app and start over. This is another one of those big holes in testing that is often overlooked.

Now a real question, if I wipe Waze off the device and reinstall it from scratch, will I lose anything? I've been using it for a year and a half now, I don't want to start over.

I have had several friends have the same problem with Waze, their solution, delete it and not look back. They didn't complain, didn't report it, didn't do anything but stopped using it.
CylonGlitch
Send a message

Post by CylonGlitch
I have found a "work around" For me at least, the issue is that I've joined GROUPS, and updates from GROUPS is causing this problem

Got to :
Settings -> Social & Networks -> Pop-up Reports -> None

That will stop those pop-ups and stop it from getting darker. I have joined about 1/2 dozen groups since there are several in my area, as soon as I've turned this off, it seems to be fixed. BUT any other report from something else would still do the same, but much less frequently.

This explains why most people don't have a problem, most people don't use groups. Also explains testing. Giving the app to people to use and "test" is a VERY VERY poor test methodology, there needs to be a clear pattern of regression testing where every option is enabled / disabled and review tested. This is normal testing work methodology. One software firm I worked for (you would know them if I mentioned it) would have a test plan of 1 to 2 thousand pages. Without this type of methodology there is no way you'd find many bugs.
CylonGlitch
Send a message

Post by daaaang28
Dear Waze Engineering Team,

In Los Angeles there are paid express lanes known as 110 Express which are PAID toll lanes.
Waze has routed me or attempted to route me on several occasions into these restricted lanes. In one case at Union Station in downtown LA, Waze put me into this Express onramp and it was not obvious until I was already on the ramp and there is no way out and they have cameras to send automated tickets.

I'm not sure of the best solution to this problem but there needs to be at least a warning if Waze wants to route someone into restricted lanes that require an express pass in the car for example. This isn't just a toll lane, its a lane that can only be used by people who purchased a pass which transmits to overhead monitoring stations to collect tolls. Its not just a toll road with a toll booth.

Basically Waze is routing anyone who doesn't have the special pass into restricted lanes where they will get a ticket.

Please find a solution so that your loyal customers dont get in trouble or dont get their best route option due to Waze trying to route everyone onto 110 Express near downtown LA.

Thank you very much for looking into this unique problem.
daaaang28
Send a message