These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by BadRobit
I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 5 with IOS 6.1.2. It doesn't happen all the time but there are certain times when I close an alert and the alert disappears but then the map stays gray (with white focus in the middle). It doesn't matter what I do, it stays gray.

I've tried exiting the app, killing it and restarting it and the previous alert pops up again and it does the same thing where it stays gray. I have to do it maybe 10 times and once in awhile the alert will not pop up and then it won't go gray.

The only work around I've found is sometimes I can comment/msg on the alert and then it will go back to normal screen without gray. Otherwise I have to quit the app and wait until I drive far enough so the alert doesn't come back up when I startup the app again.

Please fix. Thanks!
Michael
maucal wrote:When an alert appears and disappears, the maps are in gray.
So:
http://i40.tinypic.com/dea1qx.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/j7e15y.jpg

I close the application and restarting, but the error appear again

Iphone 3gs, IOS 6.1.2
BadRobit
Send a message

Post by BadRobit
Yep. I'm having the same issue on iPhone 5 with IOS 6.1.3 and Waze iOS v3.7.2. Happens to me a few times a week.
catsintheattic wrote:I'm having the same issue. With each alert, the screen gets incrementally darker. After 8 or 10 alerts, I can't see the map at all. Closing the app from the menu doesn't help at all. I need to kill the app from the multitask menu. Then it stays good for a bit, but the cycle repeats.

iOS 6.1.4
Waze 3.7.2
iPhone 5

--sarah
So:

Iphone 3gs, IOS 6.1.2
BadRobit
Send a message

Post by bigalgeorge
Using today in brilliant sunshine, the auto day/night remained on night. This has never happened using other nav apps and there is no issue with the phones light sensor.
I tried stopping and starting the route but it remained same. Once I changed the route the software sensor started working correctly. Surely not the software determines the screen settings at start and retains it for the full route?

During Navigation the top banner is very intrusive due to lack of screen real estate on 5" screen; it takes about 25% of screen. Suggest the banner area is moved to lowest point on screen and the left menu button and right alerts button + speedo if any are placed within. If possible, font sizes should be sized to fit, eg each printf sized to fit available width, as font size is too small for banner size.
Google maps uses a similar banner size, but to maximum effect, as its narrower, and fonts are larger with more information.
Thanks, Al.
bigalgeorge
Send a message

Post by bigalgeorge
foux35 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Day and night mode is based on local sunrise and sunset. Not the light sensor.
That's quite a weird choice. Why is that?
Light sensors can be flaky and are different from one phone to the next. A car with tinted windows might choose might mode in the middle of the day, and a car with a panoramic sunroof might choose day mode at night on a well-lit road.
What happens when driver goes into a tunnel or complete cloudy during the day.
Very poor choice of function imho.
As for sensors granted older Chinese phones had flakey sensors, but now almost all hardware is no problem, and if problematic, there is always the manual setting.
I do not believe using time of day is a suitable choice at all, neither do many of the other GPS suppliers/app providers, who use light sensors if available; the API allows interrogation to see if the sensor device is available.

I put my OP in wrong forum though humble apologies it should have been Android although presume banner is still an issue in IOS.
bigalgeorge
Send a message

Post by bigalgeorge
No, they use the upper and lower ends of the sensor to determine night/day. I havent seen any where there is a grey area of switching during a slightly cloudy or overcast day.
Recently I was working on some sensor devices to do a job. The difference between night and day is extreme, and easy to detect.
Switching does not take place instantaneously if done properly it should take several seconds.

Its apparent our points of view differ. Best wishes, Al.
bigalgeorge
Send a message

Post by Bikeriderjj
I want to waze with my AppRadio. It says it will, it shows up on the apps window. It runs when I select it, though it is balked out when i release the parking brake. My other nav apps do not behave this way.

JJ
Bikeriderjj
Send a message

Post by blacktabi
Since installing v3.7.2 my bluetooth connection has been wonky. Last week, I could listen to the radio in my car and Waze would interrupt to give directions as needed over the car speaker system via bluetooth. Since the update, I no longer get any audible instructions (through either bluetooth or the phone's speakers). After a lot of fiddling, I can get the instructions over bluetooth, but ONLY if I already have the phone connected to stream music via bluetooth, which prevents my listening to the radio/local news/etc. I also still can't get directions over the phone's speakers. Driving while trying to read the map because I can't get audio is really pretty hazardous!

I've checked that the verbal directions are set to "Sounds on", and under Settings -> Sounds I have "Prefer Bluetooth" turned on, Prompts Volume set to max, Navigation Guidance set to Full. I've tried turning Waze on both before and after starting up the car.

iPhone 4s
iOS 6.1.3
Waze 3.7.2
Toyota Prius V
blacktabi
Send a message

Post by bobbyflo
I found several concerns about events such as demonstrations: Waze sends me in every time thinking that there is no traffic (because these pathways are occasionally closed to cars for the day)...

So I have to turn back and find another way, being careful with Waze wanting me to go back on these closed roads...
bobbyflo
Send a message

Post by catsintheattic
I'm having the same issue. With each alert, the screen gets incrementally darker. After 8 or 10 alerts, I can't see the map at all. Closing the app from the menu doesn't help at all. I need to kill the app from the multitask menu. Then it stays good for a bit, but the cycle repeats.

iOS 6.1.4
Waze 3.7.2
iPhone 5

--sarah
So:

Iphone 3gs, IOS 6.1.2
catsintheattic
Send a message

Post by catsintheattic
But the fact that we've had no feedback from anyone at WAZE makes me wonder if there is anyone working on this. I also find it nearly unusable. I hope that the disable notifications from groups workaround helps, but I'm not happy!

--sarah
WeeeZer14 wrote:
JDMxDC4 wrote:Okay, so unfollowing the groups had no effect whatsoever. The map is still dark and I still can't touch the screen. Only the two lower buttons. Lame. Waze better release a new update to fix this bullshit or else I'm leaving Waze altogether.
Just keep in mind that even if Waze realized they goofed and created a fix the same day that 3.7.2 was released, it is Apple who controls how quickly it is released to us users.
catsintheattic
Send a message