These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS v3.7.2 Official Feedback Thread

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
What's New in Version 3.7.2
- Bugs & crash fixes from May 30 release

What's New in Version 3.7
- Facebook events - your events appear on the navigation list for easy, one tap navigation
- Friends bar on the map - see friends headed to the same place and the order they'll arrive
- Real time and offline beeping at friends
- Exclusive moods for map editors only - 8 bit, robot and T-Rex
- Redesigned pop up alerts
- Inbox in main menu
- 3 state mute button in main menu
- Foursquare check in from the report menu
- Lock up north added to settings
- Support for JVC App Link Mode for compatible in-dash car audio receivers
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Last edited by sketch on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: version 3.7.3 released

Post by AggieJM
Still seeing a bug with the "New ETA" window when Waze makes a change to your ETA based on road conditions or route changes.

In past releases, the issue was that the "New ETA" displayed would actually be the original ETA. And the ETA shown in the status bar at the bottom of the window would be the revised ETA. In 3.7.2, it now shows the original ETA in the status bar and in the "New ETA" window. You don't see the new ETA until you clear the "New ETA" window when it updates to the status bar. This particular bug was actually shown in a Facebook/Twitter posting by Waze (probably inadvertently) that was supposed to be showing the benefits of using Waze to miss traffic.

It seems like a simple fix to make, but the problem has been around for a number of versions.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
MikeMcCollister wrote:Because when I put my iPhone in the USB port it for some reason favors Bluetooth. I have to start some music and select Ford Sync on the iPhone and then pause the music
This really isn't such a problem with Sync as it is with Waze not supporting standard audio output options and interface that most every other app does. There should always be, next to a volume slider, the drop-down menu to select audio output option. Waze just piggy-backs on whatever the current media output is set to, whether BT or Dock, or headphones. The only time Waze "overrides" that output is when it is set to Output to Speaker, in which case iOS forces the pause of any other audio playback, or when Prefer BT is selected in which case Waze will use the bluetooth "phone" connection to whatever other device is listening, like the car radio, and will interrupt any playing audio just as if a phone call was coming in.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CylonGlitch wrote:Sadly the app has become almost completely useless now, you can't touch the map, you often can't see the maps, etc. Bugs, bugs, bugs, these are show stoppers people, they should never have made it out the door. :(
There's got to be good reasons there's problems like that. I had the screen-dimming issue during testing of 3.7, but it was fixed and I've never seen anything like what's being reported now. It used to be that testing on iOS was pretty solid because of the environment being a bit more locked down. But even without jailbreaking there's odd issues between different devices and OS versions. Jailbreaking has been known to cause significantly more issues though.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
blacktabi wrote:I've checked that the verbal directions are set to "Sounds on", and under Settings -> Sounds I have "Prefer Bluetooth" turned on, Prompts Volume set to max, Navigation Guidance set to Full. I've tried turning Waze on both before and after starting up the car.
Sounds like you're doing it right... "Prefer bluetooth" is the mode where Waze initiates a "phone call" to the car audio system. The car system must accept this connection and interrupt whatever else it is doing, just like it was a phone call coming in. So either Waze isn't initiating the connection properly, your phone doesn't think there is a device connected which can accept that type of connection, or the car audio system isn't accepting the connection.

If we go with it being a Waze issue, I would suggest a delete, reboot, and reinstall of the app to rule out possible upgrade problems, which we know do happen from time to time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
warriordad wrote:I have uncovered an issue where it looks like waze is trying to report something but then doesn't remove the tinted overlay on the map and you can't interact with the map any more. The only way to get out of this is to quit the app and run it again. It's happening now once a day for me.
Already brought up previously in the thread by multiple people.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CylonGlitch wrote:... Horrible, Horrible testing.
Can't agree. Dozens, maybe in the hundreds of beta testers did not experience that and there are thousands of iPhone 5 users who do not experience it to this day. Test will never be able to find all the bugs.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CylonGlitch wrote:I'm sorry, but I have done hardware and software validation for 20 years. THIS should never have happened. I'm sure that many didn't see it, but someone saw something like this, no question about it. Either that, or new testers are really needed.
I believe you and the others who are reporting this. That doesn't mean any tester saw it, though. I certainly didn't through 3 versions including the current 3.7.2 release nor in the next beta. That's on ios 6.1.3/iPhone 5. I don't think it's called for to take testers to task. Clearly, not everyone is getting the error. Probably well under 5% of users, or twitter and facebook would be flooded with complaints. As it is, that isn't happening.

Waze occasionally asks for new testers, but that is limited to once a year changes by Apple.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I can't speak to how many internal testers they have nor their processes. I don't know how many bugs are remediated in alpha but there do seem to be quite a number of them in betas which, IMO, shouldn't make it into a beta.
CylonGlitch wrote:Now a real question, if I wipe Waze off the device and reinstall it from scratch, will I lose anything? I've been using it for a year and a half now, I don't want to start over.
This assumes you log into waze with the SR account I see here in the forums: deleting Waze and redownloading, you will lose recent navigated-to list which appears in the navigate menu. Your Favorites will be reloaded from the server. Your points and rank will be wonky on the app for a time, but that data is stored serverside too, so it's not lost. Because the points/rank data isn't immediately updated, ability to post gas station prices may be restricted.

You will also have to re-do twitter and foursquare integration. Facebook is via the account in ios settings.

And if you remain interested later this year, keep an eye out for a call for new testers. I think they can update the iOS group around September.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
lkc3 wrote:Navigation is not working.
Don't cross post. Either you are using ios or android. Stop spamming.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message